PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARB Bullbar Photos

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Default ARB Bullbar Photos

Hi,

I am considering fitting an ARB front and rear bar to my H3, does anyone have any detailed photos, of how they fit??

I have done Google search as well as searched this forum and found a few photos, but none really show detail. Looking for anyone that has these fitted to take some detailed photos of how they fit up and look.

I noted on some photos that the factory skid plates has a strange gap with the ARB bar, so I might have to look at making a custom bash plate. Also getting the feeling that the rear bar requires losing the mud flaps, and not sure how well it fits as there are no side on photos found anywhere on the net that I could find

For the price of these bars I think they should fit great, but not sure they will, bit concerned about the bash plate fitment. It's a lot of money to spend just to find that I will not be happy with them.

The problem is I reside in rural Australia, and there are plenty of kangaroos out do damage the front of my H3, have hit 3 in the last 4 weeks, so I think it's time for some front end protection

Old 09-17-2012, 03:55 PM

Search (project hummy) some good pic's / info.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:39 AM

Thanks for that, had a good read of it and it pretty much covered my install questions on the front bar I even have the same side steps, but planning to replace them with either bought or custom made rock sliders!

Now to the rear bar! Has anyone fitted one of these?? Would love to see photos.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 AM

I guess no rear ARB bars

Old 09-20-2012, 04:32 PM

You don't have your location posted but if you don't have Google try this if you have an extra $1000 laying around.
http://arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/newPro...bar_retail.pdf

Old 09-21-2012, 01:59 AM

Mate finding one to buy is not an issue the ARB dealer down the road in the next town will order me one in if I want it, but I want some feed back on performance, fit and looks before putting down my order, that photo in the link looks OK, but would still like to hear from people about what they liked or disliked about the bar.

Still tossing up about the front one as well, so any feedback from people who have one would be appreciated, as they are expensive bars, a new ARB front bar costs five times as much as a genuine GM one over here.

I can get a genuine GM H3 Bullbar, brand new for $295 for black or $495 for chrome, while the ARB comes to $1570 with the fog lights

Same with rock sliders/guards, genuine H3 GM ones $295 here.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:49 AM

I think I have decided against these.

The vehicle components require a lot of modifications by cutting and drilling and grinding to fit both the front and rear bar, and fitment is pretty much irreversible once done, unless you replace a lot of vehicle components upon removal of the ARB items at great expense.

Add to that the cost of the ARB front bar being five times that of a genuine GM bar (A$1590 for ARB vs A$295 for GM) plus $1000 for rear bar

Plus I am not 100% sure on the quality of fitment which appears to be poor. Strange gaps for the skid plates and exposed brackets.

Check here for photo (front bar)s:
Deluxe winch bar | Products | ARB 4x4 Accessories

Check here for installation (front bar):
http://arb.com.au/media/products/346...24/fitting.pdf

Check here for photos (rear bar):
Rear bar | Products | ARB 4x4 Accessories

Check here for installation (rear bar):
http://arb.com.au/media/products/566...24/fitting.pdf