PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANYONE Install an Throttlebody Spacer yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 03:26 AM
Question ANYONE Install an Throttlebody Spacer yet?

I have done quite a bit to my baby but lately haven't got'n much luck with feedback in area's I've been posting in.... SOO... Figured I'd ask here.
I own an 06 H2 SUT with an intake, programer & flowmaster exhaust... Wanted to ask what the thoughts were... AIRAID.. Cost is minor along with a semi easy install... Just don't want to COMPLETELY wast money & would LOVE to find out if anyone has had any luck...

Old 07-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Banned

I hear mixed results man. A lot of people say they are a waste of money and "snake oil". But a lot of people also haven't truly tested them.

It's a toss up though. Lots of people will try to persuade you one way or another. Why are you installing it? For the mileage or for the power? I say give it a try, and report back if there is a mileage and power difference. I've been wanting to get one for the H3 but am undecided

Old 07-24-2010, 08:07 AM

I think if there was a mileage or performance gain to be had GM would have made the manifold longer to achieve the same thing.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Banned

Thats not exactly true. The factory designs things to be safe, long lasting, warranty-able, quiet, and something that the average buyer wants. A tb-spacer will make the intake noiser and make a slight whining noise; not something the average consumer wants to hear.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:17 AM

I wanna start out by thanking you guys for posting reply's!!! Thats the while purpose of a forum.... THR consideration of GM manufacturing parts with no room for improvement is a little out In left field In my opinion... But than again, opinions r like... However... I also am starting to figure out that a pretty good portion of afternarket upgrades are more gimicky an even maybe so called bragging rights... I unfortunately cant leave ANYTHING alone... Every vehicle ive ever owned has been invilved In a process of habitual adjustments and upgrades... Hell, I cant even leave women out of this... U all can prolly figure that statement out! Lol.
Anyways, sorry for the long random.... I'm driving BACK to DFW TX from Chicago.
I Love knowing that my "TOY" is different than anybody elses even if they have the same "brand". Guess' thats THR only child forever embeded In me. I also feel with every step, i feel more of a connection.

This week ill be ordering The TBS an install. Sitr still wont let me upload pix In my albums so i wont be able to show yall. I WILL however post immidiately after i have feedback on my NEWEST addtion to my H2.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Banned

Let us know if you gain any mileage and if you think it gained any power

Old 08-08-2010, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by 4U2NV
I have done quite a bit to my baby but lately haven't got'n much luck with feedback in area's I've been posting in.... SOO... Figured I'd ask here.
I own an 06 H2 SUT with an intake, programer & flowmaster exhaust... Wanted to ask what the thoughts were... AIRAID.. Cost is minor along with a semi easy install... Just don't want to COMPLETELY wast money & would LOVE to find out if anyone has had any luck...
I have an 04 H2 and have installed a Tower Power 2. Seems more responsive but no real change in mileage. 11.1 mpg city/hwy on my computer. I just found out that I get better mileage using cruise control rather than a "light foot"

Old 08-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Banned

holy**** 11mpg??? I got way better mileage than that when I was stuck for 4hours when I first bought the truck! lol

Old 08-14-2010, 04:10 PM

Dont waste your money with TB spacers---they do not work.

I come from the LX platform (CHargers, 300s, and Magnums) and this was extensively tested and debated over there a few years back. The TB spacer does absolutely nothing for you in terms of power. Granted, we did not test on every make and model vehicle out there, I can assure you that if there were gains to be had, we would have seen it.

I will try to find the thread about it from back in the day but I assure you, this mod will be a waste of money for you.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Banned

Different manufacterers and different motors from those different manufacterers will yield different results with different mods.

Quick Reply: ANYONE Install an Throttlebody Spacer yet?