PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Have These?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Default Anyone Have These?

I am thinking about getting this off-road lamp kit for the H3.. Anyone have this?

If so, how bright is it? Your opinion of "Is it worth it?"

Old 06-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Default RE: Anyone Have These?

I think Karl(LHB) has 'em!!! They're PRETTY SWEET!!!

Old 06-12-2007, 10:59 PM

Here's his pic from his Photo Album!!

Old 06-12-2007, 11:00 PM

Nice Pic BTW!!

Old 06-13-2007, 07:14 AM

Anybody got a link where these can be located??? I like the look! How about wiring?

I've been Googling like crazy but have not found them!![]

Old 06-13-2007, 08:43 AM

here is the part number.... 19159112

Old 06-13-2007, 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: jdrew

Is that a GM part number? It's shown in black and chrome. Is that an option?

I just checked GMPD and it's a GM PN. Cost is $268 +S&H

Does that include the grill and lamps?

Old 06-13-2007, 11:12 AM

There are 2 off-road light kits that you can get(that I am aware of). One is with the black plastic grill (part #19159112, around $268 USD) or the same kit, but with a stainless steel grill (part # 19132765, around $326 USD). Too bad for me I found this out too late, as I ordered the plastic grill, then paid extra to get it chromed. They do appear on ebay occasionally, and I was able to find mine a bit cheaper. They install easily, as all the wiringruns are already present, and all other parts, including switch, harnesses, crimps, tie straps, lights, and excellent instructions are included. You just need to remove some existing wire shunts, crimp supplied harness to wires, install switch in vacant location in dash, take off bumper and install new grill,and voilĂ*! It took about 2 hours for me to install. They are pretty good brightness, but as they are lower down, they don't give the same coverage as if they were roof mounted. I really like the looks, and am happy with the performance. One concern I have, although I have not had the problem yet, is with rock chips to the lenses. I don't drive with the included lense covers on (haven't been warned yet, most people think they are daytime running lights), so I worry about them getting dinged.

All that said, I do think "They are worth it", and really like mine.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

There are 2 off-road light kits that you can get(that I am aware of). One is with the black plastic grill (part #19159112, around $268 USD) or the same kit, but with a stainless steel grill (part # 19132765, around $326 USD). Too bad for me I found this out too late, as I ordered the plastic grill, then paid extra to get it chromed. They do appear on ebay occasionally, and I was able to find mine a bit cheaper. They install easily, as all the wiringruns are already present, and all other parts, including switch, harnesses, crimps, tie straps, lights, and excellent instructions are included. You just need to remove some existing wire shunts, crimp supplied harness to wires, install switch in vacant location in dash, take off bumper and install new grill,and voilĂ*! It took about 2 hours for me to install. They are pretty good brightness, but as they are lower down, they don't give the same coverage as if they were roof mounted. I really like the looks, and am happy with the performance. One concern I have, although I have not had the problem yet, is with rock chips to the lenses. I don't drive with the included lense covers on (haven't been warned yet, most people think they are daytime running lights), so I worry about them getting dinged.

All that said, I do think "They are worth it", and really like mine.
Thanks HummerBoy! That's a big help.[sm=smiley20.gif]

I just bought the same stainless grill w/o the lights. I have to sell it and order the lighted version.

Anyone want to buy my lower grill sans lights...1/2 price!? Still in the box.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:46 PM

I ordered mine in stainless from Lindsay Cadillac. They can beat GMPD onGM parts. I got it for $318. GMPD kills you on S&H but Luke at Lindsay Cadillac is reasonable.

Dennis, I don't think I can post a link to a Vendor can I? Or do they have to pay a vendors fee here first? I know he can save us all $$ on GM parts.

Quick Reply: Anyone Have These?