PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone else get stuck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 05:11 AM
Default anyone else get stuck?

I live in mid-atlantic region, during thislast massive snow storm I got my h3 struck three times, is this truck not as capable as I thought or was the snow just that bad, anyone else get stuck?

Old 02-13-2010, 09:42 AM

I have gotten stuck in the snow also, unfortunately I haven't found a vehicle yet that is in a decent price range that won't get stuck. Check out this link, now if we all had one of these we would be all set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjlSJf4274

Old 02-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Banned
Default big tires?

years ago my son had a scout 4wd you could NOT stick, with regular tires.
i could BACK up a slope,which seemed to be the hardest

i think the big sexy snazzy tires are too wide and float over snow like a snoboard.
i cant go up my yard or almost any slope so im darn careful
i love the drive ,,,but not on snow

tom

Old 02-13-2010, 10:30 AM

Now that's a snow machine!i would'nt mind putting an h3 body on top of that machine....lol.Awesome video....thanks 4 sharing it.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:32 AM

Anything that travels along the ground can and will get stuck if you push its limits far enough. I used to be real serious into snowmobiles and the best ones we could put together would still get stuck if the powder was deep enough and the mountain was steep enough (no four wheel drive would even get to where it could see where you were stuck). Not sure that is the case today, as I still know alot of snowmobilers and what is available today goes in the snow like stuff 10 years ago never even considered going. With snowmobiles it may come down to how brave (or stupid) you are anymore.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmolJETW40w&feature=fvw

Here's some extreme mountain snowmobiling that your can't get stuck 4X4 would never take you to where you could see it, unless it's parked in your driveway while your watching on your computer.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:56 AM

Nope, never been stuck. There are limits to any vehicle. I saw a raised (I mean RAISED) F150 in town get stuck in a couple inches of snow because the driver figured he could do anything and din't realize the ice underneath the snow spun and spun and spun his tires.

I have had trouble a couple times in regular 4, but if I shift to 4lock I have no problem. I have been through a couple of severe storms.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:13 PM

It also depends heavily on what tires your running, If yo have the stock tires, Chuck them and get some good ones. Everyone has their own opinion on what brand is best, I have toyo mt's and we get ALOT of snow in northern Idaho in the winter, Haven't been stuck yet.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:38 PM

I almost got stuck last night in about 24" of virgin snow. The H3 lost traction numerous times but I was able to back up in my tracks and regain momentum. It was a bit scary but I managed to get unstuck and climb a slight incline. The snow was probably 3 feet deep before busting through the plowed piles on the berm of the roadway. I'm sure the MT's helped.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:49 PM

Stuck (snowdrift) with chains on the rear, diff locked. It's only a matter of how far you want to push the limit.

Quick Reply: anyone else get stuck?