PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Is anybody a member of the factory Hummer Club?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 AM
Default Is anybody a member of the factory Hummer Club?

If so, is it worthwhile and what are the events like?

Old 07-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Is anybody a member of the factory Hummer Club?

There is no "official" factory hummer club. There is, however, "The Hummer Club, Inc." which a few of us are members of. Alot of us are letting our memberships expire without renewels, mainly because there really isn't much of anything that seems to go on in the club other then two or three events per year. You are alot better off going with a local Hummer club. They usually have much more going on then the national one that seems to be only geared toward H1/Humvee owners.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:23 AM

Thanks! I'd found some info on the Hummer site, but wasn't to sure how active thay were in each region.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Well, you said the magic word, ACTIVE. They aren't very active at all in anything to be honest.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

I guess it also depends on where you are at.... A few of us on this forum just went to an event in June and had a great time. We had factory support and it was not just an H1 fest. Although there was only 5-6 H2's. To be totally honest the membership fee for the year was worth it just to meet the people I did at one event.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

You are right. It all depends on your location. The stereotype they have though is it's a H1 only club, even though technically it's not. I'm sure the people are great people, but I'm just dissappointed that with such a large amount of Hummer owners here in the midwest, that they don't have more stuff local for us, except that Drummond Island shindig they throw every year.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

I see there is supposed to be an upcoming event with The Hummer Club at Paragon in August, TBD....

Trey, Glen, Wendell.....???

Old 07-25-2007, 04:41 PM

I joined specificially for one event (which was worth it!), and to also qualify for the Hummer HOPE program. Unfortunately, I sumbitted my HOPE stuff (with certifications, driving record, membe fee, etc.) only to be told by the Dallas Red Cross chapter they weren't interested in participating. Supposedly, Hummer may belooking into some type of club at the national level...but don't hold your breath.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:36 PM

I'm from Texas also (Houston). Was the event you attended, close to our area?

Old 07-25-2007, 09:27 PM

The Hummer Club Inc is definitely a national club that is worth joining. There have been 6 national events so far this year and there are 6 more events planned before year end. July Drumonn Island MI, August Kinslows in Barstow TN and Tahoe National Forest in CA, September Moab UT, and Nov Homestead in Hot Springs VA.

Stan, the event @ Paragon will not happen because the state is attempting some form of takeover of the land where the Park is partially located.

So far this year I have been able to make the Windrock event in TN and the Country Roads event in WV. I will be at the Kinslow event in a couple of weeks and the Homestead event in Nov.

Misconception that it is an H1 dominated club. A majority of the members are not H1 members. At Windrock this year the predominate vehicle was the H3. At Country Roads there were 38 trucks and it was almost evenly split between all three trucks.

The events are a lot of fun. The off roading is fun. The people are fun. What more could you ask for. More fun!

AM General is at all club events for support. Everyone owns a Hummer and loves them. The camaraderieand friendships that you enjoy and create at these events just make you love your Hummer more.

So, Join, Join, Join, Renew and get active.....

Quick Reply: Is anybody a member of the factory Hummer Club?