PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any way to manually open 2003 H2 sunroof?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 04:15 PM
Default Any way to manually open 2003 H2 sunroof?

Any way to manually open 2003 H2 sunroof?

I need to clean my drains to solve a roof leak and the open close button is not doing anything to open my sunroof. Checked fuse and its fine.

Old 04-14-2016, 08:22 PM

Welcome to the club. From time to time my sunroof starts to close then when it's almost closed it opens again. I have to keep trying and eventually it closes. They have ghosts in them. Haha

Old 04-19-2016, 05:28 PM

My open close button is not doing anything, nor is there a sound. I need to clean the drains to stop major water coming in after rain. Anyone know how to manually open it?

Old 04-20-2016, 01:12 PM

Not sure if this helps but

"Ensure that all electrical harness connectors are connected.
Turn the ignition to ON.
Completely close the sunroof window with the manual close switch.
Press the sunroof vent switch to the vent open position until the sunroof window stops in vent location. After the sunroof reaches the vent position, release the vent switch and press and hold the vent switch again for approximate 10 seconds. Notice the rear edge of the sunroof mechanism will move, after the movement ends the Initialization/Teach Process is complete.

Important: The initialization/teach procedure is not complete if the battery and/or ignition power has been interrupted during the process.
The Initialization/Teach Process must be restarted if the procedure is not carried out completely. Verify the operation of the sunroof in all positions "

Got info from here

This may not work if you are completely dead but it might shed some light on something.

Also you may want to think about the future, suppose you manually open it but cant close it. Maybe you might want to think about sealing it up really good instead?
*I know, not the answer you want to hear but you might want to think about it instead of going from bad to worse