PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Rust?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Default Any Rust?

Wanted to hear from people, especially with the '06's & the salt air states, as to how their 3's are holding up against any body panel rust. Sixes are now 7 years old, and I'm hoping we all have a lot of good, rust free years left.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:15 PM

I haven't had mine for seven years but it is an 06 lux and i am pretty sure it wasn't ever kept in a garage either. And i have absolutely no body rust whatsoever. There is some rust on the running gear underneath and a little on the frame. Very much less rust than alot of other 06 vehicles i have seen. My rims suck though... Well not sucks... But the chrome is coming off in behind.. The front is just barely starting to. The fenders will never rust!! Lol. .. But there is good reason for that isn't there....

Old 02-06-2013, 07:16 PM

WWait i lied... There is a spot on both bumpers about the size of a dime or nickel where the paint chipped off and has a small rust spot.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 PM

2009 - Drivers side rear door, the bottom edge on the inner side has a spot I have to touch up, just waiting for it to warm the heck up here in Michigan so I can treat it and paint over it, other than that spotless.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 PM

2007 Lux. Not one spot of rust, anywhere. 139,000 miles and we live in Ohio with tons of salt and fracking fluid on the roads. Yes, you heard that right, they are using the waste fracking fluids to treat the roads for ice now.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by egroegart
2007 Lux. Not one spot of rust, anywhere. 139,000 miles and we live in Ohio with tons of salt and fracking fluid on the roads. Yes, you heard that right, they are using the waste fracking fluids to treat the roads for ice now.
What the frack?

Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 AM

I had the litte paint bubble as mentioned before on the drivers side passenger door at the crimp. Dealer fixed it under warranty before it became rust.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 AM

I noticed rust on a new h3 on all welds on the frame and the driveshafts,also one torsion bar on a 40000 h3 mile had a bubble of rust ubder the coating,NOT a good thing!
Good news,no rust on sheet metal,yet but on the door bottoms it will start on the inside,need to squirt in a preventer often,hard to stop.
Someone will remember the name of the juice?

Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 PM

THat's what I said Doc. There can be over 750 chemicals used in one fracking well. They must dispose of the fluids and just this winter have found a great way to help the communities to save on salt by using the waste frack fluids on the roads. Scary. That article was in our local paper at the beginning of this winter. Still no rust on the hummer, but we seem to be glowing at night

Old 02-08-2013, 05:44 PM

No body rust on my NJ daily driver 2006!

This spring I'll have to do something about my SMA brush guard though. It seems to be rusting from the inside where it's welded to its bumper mounting plates.

Otherwise, the frame area under the master cylinder has surface rust and the brake plumbing only at the rear of the truck is starting to look crusty. Why is it that every long term GM vehicle I've ever owned always has rusty brake lines, fittings, and brackets at the rear while the front lines look factory fresh even after 2 decades of service?

Quick Reply: Any Rust?