PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any One Install A Remote (Motor Running Kill Switch)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 04:50 PM
Default Any One Install A Remote (Motor Running Kill Switch)

Trying to figure out what is the best and non code setting place to install a remoter kill switch with the motor running. The Idea Behind this is ... If you are approached by a Car jacker.... You leave your rig.... let him take it and with a remote separate Key fob transmitter in your pocket and a Receiver in the rig ...you trigger it and it kills the motor.

Two ways of doing this would be 1 ....fuel cut off..or 2 ignition cut off. Problem with the fuel cut of is that the fuel pump is controlled by the FSCM Or Fuel System Control Model. That I believe you can't work around as it is powered by the ECM directly.

The other way is to shut down the Fuel injector banks which has a fuse in the fuse block for each bank.

However..I'm not sure if this would set a code or cause another problem.
Anyone have any ideas? Has some one done this? This would be on My HUMMER H2 2009

Thanks In Advance.

Last edited by Mark R; 12-05-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:01 AM

That is an interesting idea. On* can do that on late model GM's but only for law enforcement. I let Mr. Kimber or my insurance company handle any carjacking issues.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:46 AM

Or you can get a concealed gun and shoot the MF when he get in the truck .. Just kidding (not really)

I know there is an alarm . I guess one of the viper model which do that. Also some gps trackers with ph applications could do it .
If you getting an alarm make sure to find a reputable installator.
I don't.think our trucks are a target for carjacking but better to be safe . So get the gun

Old 12-06-2017, 12:09 PM

OnStar should be able to do this.

Tim

Old 12-07-2017, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by tharber
OnStar should be able to do this.

Tim
Well The idea Is to let him think he's got the car and drive away... But..Only get about 500 feet and Kill the motor.

Also First thing most thefts do is break of the OnStar Antenna. No Worky any more..... But... I have LoJack installed anyway.

And again the idea is to stop the rig before it gets away.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Or you can get a concealed gun and shoot the MF when he get in the truck .. Just kidding (not really)

I know there is an alarm . I guess one of the viper model which do that. Also some gps trackers with ph applications could do it .
If you getting an alarm make sure to find a reputable installator.
I don't.think our trucks are a target for carjacking but better to be safe . So get the gun
I'll have to check and see if my local installer has a System and or knows where to install a Kill switch with my separate in Pocket remote.. I want to shut the rigs engine down while running without setting codes or screwing anything up.

I Live Joisey.... No way You can get a Carry permit here unless you meet some tough necessary requirements. I have a Nice Colt 1911 45.. but cannot carry that ..no way unless I want a Felony charge and Jail time.

I know OnStar can Shut down a Rig when Contacted by police one cyl at a time so the rig will still have power steering and Power breaks .

Old 12-07-2017, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
That is an interesting idea. On* can do that on late model GM's but only for law enforcement. I let Mr. Kimber or my insurance company handle any carjacking issues.

My Idea Is to not let the rig get away after taken.... Hence the motor running kill switch.