PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANOTHER SUPID QUESTION!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Default ANOTHER SUPID QUESTION!!!!

Yup im back with my uneducated questions once again but hey it keeps us all busy!!!!!

I read all this about leveling the truck and i finally figured out what it meant. Can you do this without purchasing anything or do you need to buy certain kits and stuff. My truck is a lease and im not trying to put alot of money into it soI wanna level it ifI can do it without purchasing anything. Also how do I do it????

Thanks guys and keep your jokes to a minimum children ( not going to mention names) LMAO

Oh and HAPPY THANKS GIVING everyone and dont drink and drive a HUMMER you may kill everyone insite but then again you will be home safe so lol

Old 11-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Default RE: ANOTHER SUPID QUESTION!!!!

I'm sure a 3er will be by anytime to help you on this.

I think it's something to do with cranking the torsion bars??whatever those are??

Old 11-21-2007, 02:43 AM

it just involves cranking two adjusters under your ride a little tighter than you should get a wheel alignment so probably under 100 bucks.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:47 AM

Does my ride change at all??? And where exactly do i go for this kinda work a regular mechanic shop or someone who specializes in off roading kinda thing?

Old 11-21-2007, 04:44 AM

pretty much anywhere that does alignments should know how to do it

Old 11-21-2007, 05:09 AM

Does it change my ride?? Why exactly does the car cme with a slant anyway?

Old 11-21-2007, 05:20 AM

if you only go 2-3 turns,nothing is affected,but it will not be level.if you go more then that,your ride will be bouncy unless you get longer shocks or shock extenders.those are your 2 options really

Old 11-21-2007, 06:02 AM

Cool im def gonna look into that this weekened.....Just gonna be hard when i have no clue what im talking about but im gonna try......I HAVE FAITH lol

Old 11-21-2007, 07:00 AM

I believe it is a 1 1/16 socket. After you do it, take it to the dealer and tell them it is pulling to one side or the other. They should due it for free (mine did). You can check the FAQ area of this forum, and it explains everything. Also take a marker and place a "wittness" mark on the bolts so you can keep track of the number of turns. After your done though, make sure you wipe them off. That's how the dealer knew I adjusted mine. I just played stupid. I guess I kinda was because I forgot to erase the marks. Most importantly though, have it alligned even if it doesn't pull. Mine didn't but the top of the tires were leaning way in and I have noticed better gas milege since (maybe a coincedence).

Old 11-21-2007, 08:39 AM

Thanks guys i appreciate the help!!!

Quick Reply: ANOTHER SUPID QUESTION!!!!