PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Another heated seat queastion.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Default Another heated seat queastion.

I just bought my 04 H2 in February and for some reason the driver side heated seat turns on by itself which wasn't a problem during the winter, but lately we've had some 90 plus days and the heated seat is driving me crazy. Any ideas on a fix. I'd hate to disable them because they come in handy on cold days. Any info would be great thanks.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Default need more info

are the heated seats icon on the drivers door on when the seats are hot or are they off and the seat is still getting hot ?
try reprograming your memory buttons on the door for driver 1 and 2 with the heated seats off . ?are the seats hot all the time and will not shut off ..
need more info ..mike

Old 06-05-2010, 09:53 AM

Hey Mike,
The Icon's on the door do light up but its wierd when they turn on automatically sometimes they will be on full bars, sometimes on one bar, and sometimes it will just sit there and count up from one bar to full bars and then cut off and then do it all over again. Its a pain b/c I have to sit there the whole time I'm driving and turn the switch off. Yesterday was really bad the second I would turn it of it came right back on. I can't locate a fuse to disconnect it and the switch on the door is not a plug it wired in so I can't unplug it there.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Default will look

i will see what info i can dig up for you .

Old 06-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Default more info for you

do you have a fault light on the dash ?..from what iam seeing the heated seats are wired threw the memory seat control modual ,that is located below your drivers seat cushion, look under yours to make sure ,it will look like a computer box with wiring hook ups ,you will be able to unplug it .or replace it .hope this helps , this is just what iam seeing ,, it could also be a deffective switch on the door on the heat increase button ,
but my bet is on the modual ,you could pull the door pannel off and just ohm out the switch to check it out .mike

Old 06-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Default still more info

i did a web search and found that one, there was a new low profile switch they were installing on some chevy trucks because the coustomer was hitting the switch and turning it on and 2 , they had new updated programming for the seat module and had to down load it , the best thing i can say if you want to replace it your self ,it still might need programed at the dealer , or you are going to have to take it in and have a tec look at it and narrow it down a bit and give you a better idea of the problem ...mike

Old 06-05-2010, 10:48 PM

Do you notice that this generally happens after or during a rain?

Old 06-06-2010, 11:20 AM

There's no fault light lit on the dash and when I look under the seat I think there are two or three plugs do you know wich one is the one for the heated seat b/c I might just disable it till I can get it to the dealer. As far as it happening after it rains I didn't notice it but when I was digging around under the driver side door panel (not behind the panel, I haven't taken it off yet) it looks like there is mold.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Default plug info

ther best i can tell , black /white info on print
will not tell me location or what plug location . its a 12 wire plug
from the pic its not long and flat but square looking .hope this helps .
let me know ..mike

Old 06-06-2010, 05:54 PM

OK i'll check it out thanks for all the

Quick Reply: Another heated seat queastion.