PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For all you who put huge rims and car tires on your HUMMER...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Default RE: For all you who put huge rims and car tires on your HUMMER...

ORIGINAL: HummBob

ORIGINAL: kild1

i was thinkin its kinda crazy with only 19 poststo
dog out the bling master and his crew

[sm=badidea.gif]

Meh.....What can you do!!!

It's funny though that the people who BLAST my kinda Rig ALWAYS say....BUT, TO EACH HIS OWN!!! That always cracks me up!!! If it's really TO EACH HIS OWN, why the initial hostility???

Also, you never see BALLERS criticize 6" lifted Rigs?????
I liked your worshiping smiley better than the dancing one. That is (worshipping smiley) simply the coolest smiley in internet history.

But i think you said it exactly correctly: Blingers (i've never heard this term "ballers") never gripe at people who offroad. But the offroad crowd freaks out about big rims, and freaks out about this, and insults people if they don't offroad, and even throw tantrums if people have some chrome. For gods sake, chrome on cars is just slightly less american than budweiser or cheeseburgers or corvettes.

And the offroad crowd doesn't just freak out at blingers, they freak out at basically everything else too. You can find the H1 guys freaking out big time at H2s all over the web, same for H3-h2 and h2-h3, and h2 or h3 to h1. How many times have i read some H3 or H2 driver claiming their truck is better offroad than an H1? Yet all the mega-hard trails seem to mostly have pics of H1s on them, or what? Then there is every other form of truck known to man against hummer. Hummers really, really, really seem to make offroaders squirm.

Then there is "where i offroad is cooler than where you offroad" and "but i did it harder than you did".

I think it all begins with that certain tough-guy kind of personality. They guy who couldn't take the "gay" jokes when you were in college, the guy in the corner of the keg party wondering if his pits are sweating instead of just dancing on the table in his undies. You know the type.

They offroad not because its insanely fun to watch mud fly onto the roof of your truck, or make it tot he top of a hill nobody ever made it up before, blow through 3 1/2 feet of hard-packed snow, or just blow off steam. To put the kids in your lap and have them offroad around feeling cool and learning to drive.

I think that perhaps they offroad to prove something, to be tough, not to giggle and laugh when stuck in 2 feet of mud, or to learn how to operate what is a fairly complicated machine.

And that's why i will always keep - as long as i own it - a full set of full billet chrome (and its ALL billet, except for one piece) on my truck no matter how much i offroad. Because the attitude of the offroad crowd is often basically embarassing, and the chrome is my rebeillion against that attitude.

plus i LIKE IT!

Old 05-09-2007, 12:18 PM

obviously i don't mean shortbus, who is the shyte.

i think the whole problem with hummers is that they were soooooooooo trendy/faddy when they came out. the coolest things at that time on 4 wheels. then they became controversial, and not everybody knew how to handle that. the people drawn to the "cool-factor" of the fad were the people hwo could least-well stomach the controversy that started later. And from that arose all this division and infighting and anti-bling and all.

What people have to realize is that the H2 is still easily the coolest thing ever put on 4 wheels, its just that the people that don't have one tend to throw hummer-sized tantrums. They'll eventually be quiet.

I had to stay at a motel 6 the last time i visited minneapolis. my usual hotel was totally booked, and after an hour of calling around, EVERY STINKING HOTEL was booked, except motel six who had one 2 bed room.

So i stayed with one of my sales guys and we listened to some people sell coke out of our window and thought "indeed, indeed, we have descended into the 7th level of he!I", or at least the 3rd level.

always book a room in advance

unless, of course, you want some coke

Old 05-09-2007, 12:50 PM

YES! Last time I had to travel for work I ended up in some sort ofpiece of **** knock off looking place I've never heard of before.. why I don't know ..prolly due to short notice and there's only like 3 hotelswhere I needed to go.. crappy, crappier, and holy **** they actually charge for these rooms??? Picked up the phone after a long day at the office I wasvisiting ... dialed zero and asked for room service ... "Sir, there's no room service at this hotel" ... then I was suggested a Pizza Hut down the street instead :/

Now, I'm a creature of comfort .. I have certain expectations .. and being able to get a meal at 10 PM is actually one of them ... Dinner or late night menu really doesn't matter .. I just want a meal after a 16 hour workday, yanno ....I've never had problems with that at the typical business traveler's hotels such as the Mariott or the Hilton whereI normally stay if I have to go somewhere for work ... Hell, when I wasin Dallaslast time I around I stumbled in drunk at 3 AM (I was hurtin' the following day LOL) and schlurred in a room service order ... amazingly enough not only did I get it but I got what I schlurred too LOL!

Old 05-09-2007, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Greenblade

ORIGINAL: HummBob

ORIGINAL: kild1

i was thinkin its kinda crazy with only 19 poststo
dog out the bling master and his crew

[sm=badidea.gif]

Meh.....What can you do!!!

It's funny though that the people who BLAST my kinda Rig ALWAYS say....BUT, TO EACH HIS OWN!!! That always cracks me up!!! If it's really TO EACH HIS OWN, why the initial hostility???

Also, you never see BALLERS criticize 6" lifted Rigs?????
I liked your worshiping smiley better than the dancing one. That is (worshipping smiley) simply the coolest smiley in internet history.

But i think you said it exactly correctly: Blingers (i've never heard this term "ballers") never gripe at people who offroad. But the offroad crowd freaks out about big rims, and freaks out about this, and insults people if they don't offroad, and even throw tantrums if people have some chrome. For gods sake, chrome on cars is just slightly less american than budweiser or cheeseburgers or corvettes.

And the offroad crowd doesn't just freak out at blingers, they freak out at basically everything else too. You can find the H1 guys freaking out big time at H2s all over the web, same for H3-h2 and h2-h3, and h2 or h3 to h1. How many times have i read some H3 or H2 driver claiming their truck is better offroad than an H1? Yet all the mega-hard trails seem to mostly have pics of H1s on them, or what? Then there is every other form of truck known to man against hummer. Hummers really, really, really seem to make offroaders squirm.

Then there is "where i offroad is cooler than where you offroad" and "but i did it harder than you did".

I think it all begins with that certain tough-guy kind of personality. They guy who couldn't take the "gay" jokes when you were in college, the guy in the corner of the keg party wondering if his pits are sweating instead of just dancing on the table in his undies. You know the type.

They offroad not because its insanely fun to watch mud fly onto the roof of your truck, or make it tot he top of a hill nobody ever made it up before, blow through 3 1/2 feet of hard-packed snow, or just blow off steam. To put the kids in your lap and have them offroad around feeling cool and learning to drive.

I think that perhaps they offroad to prove something, to be tough, not to giggle and laugh when stuck in 2 feet of mud, or to learn how to operate what is a fairly complicated machine.

And that's why i will always keep - as long as i own it - a full set of full billet chrome (and its ALL billet, except for one piece) on my truck no matter how much i offroad. Because the attitude of the offroad crowd is often basically embarassing, and the chrome is my rebeillion against that attitude.

plus i LIKE IT!
I always ENJOY reading your posts green!!!

Here ya go!!
Name:  worship_H2.gif
Views: 50
Size:  41.9 KB

Old 05-10-2007, 05:19 PM

I hate big rims and rubber band tires on trucks, but I am far to nice and gentlemanly to ever say anything

Throw some D's on dat bitch

Old 05-11-2007, 03:31 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

I hate big rims and rubber band tires on trucks, but I am far to nice and gentlemanly to ever say anything

what are D's? ballers, D's, i just know chrome and airing down.

i prefer the look of big-rubber and little chrome, but that's beside the point. Simply, the hummer trucks are great offroad vehicles, and also great tapestries for bling. There's an h3 around town with 35" tires, a winch, a leveling kit (or torison bars cranked), and it looks awesome. There's another H3 around town with huge rims and every chrome piece known to man, and quality chrome, and it looks awesome too.

Which would i rather have? The 35's, but i simply respect whomevers right to do whatever they want. And i appreciate both sides of the story. I try to walk the line - i have every billet piece i think is tasteful, and i've plopped up PSH. i'm the worst of both worlds.

but, then, i own a hybrid, so nobody should take me seriously at all.

i get so much chit about that hybrid, and i hate to say it but most of it makes sense. The joke at my office now is that i should go 'wheel the "dead zone" around the prius battery factory.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Greenblade

ORIGINAL: importkiller

but, then, i own a hybrid, so nobody should take me seriously at all.
No worries Greenie, we don't :-) I hear ya on the look though .. hell, I'd love to get rid of my chrome stock rims or have them powder coated .. just can't have the tubby b*tch down for the time it would take to get em done

Old 05-12-2007, 04:23 PM

thats a pretty cool car i wonder how hard it is to get in that car

Old 05-14-2007, 07:16 PM

thats called "donk-bubble car" for those that don't know.Techinically, I don't thinka HUMMER should be dropped on30" rims w/ vertical doors and lime green paint. But you know what,it's not my truck, it's your truck.Do whatever the hell makes you happy, and if some gives you sh*t about it, brush itoff becauseyou drive the baddest truck on the road.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:36 AM

One day i hope to to join the blingmaster crew, slowly im creepin up on blingmaster....hahaha......no wait i am serious

Quick Reply: For all you who put huge rims and car tires on your HUMMER...