PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

to all who drink and drive...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Default to all who drink and drive...

well i was on my way home from work tonight at 3:30 and i was side swiped by a drunk driver. it was a little pos honda. she spun about 3 times and almost went into on comming traffic. all i got was a rub mark on my rear drivers side fender and tire. her car is pretty messed up. the cops think that she has no insurence (do not know because she was taken right to hospital, i was told she will be alright) well the truck did great boy am i glad i did not get a car i will try to post picks soon.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Default RE: to all who drink and drive...

The thing that pisses me off when that kind of crap happens is that it goes against your insurance and some companies will raise your rates for it even if was NOT your fault!!![:@][:@][:@]

Old 12-17-2006, 04:08 PM

Dam those drunk drivers...when are they ever going to learn...Just as bad as cell phones while driving...Thank god everyone is ok...Keep us posted.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:18 PM

Glad you're OK and that the Hummer is not too bad off. I had a car totaled being run off the road by a drunk about 10 years ago. Lucky he left the scene before I got my hands on him. He did get caught and spent about 6 months in jail and had to pay restitution, which took almost 10 years, but at least he finally did it. Didn't have insurance either, but my insurance company stayed after him through the courts. Maybe your's will too.

Old 12-17-2006, 06:32 PM

I hate diks that drive after drinking....honestly if caught their cars should be confiscated and given to charity and they should lose their license for life....damn idiots.

glad you and the 3 are ok

Old 12-18-2006, 12:31 AM

A little soul baring on drinkers and driving....You very well may hate me after this..

For many many years I took chances and got away with being drunk or impared from drinking..along with other intoxicating substances while driving..Knowing very well the conciquences I could be facing if I were to be in an accident...My older brother died from alcoholisim at 29, my father died as a result of drinking and alcoholisimat 65...Did I have plenty of life long examples of how booze affects people and the lives of people around them, directly or indirectly?..Hell yes!!..But in spite of all the embarrassment I lived through as a kid growing up in an alcoholic family...I still drank....and drank...and drank..for many years..I put my wife through hell, as I look back now and the *** I made of myself while sh!tfaced most the times...

Okay, the point I'm getting to is this, People drink for a lot of reasons, and once you lose control of the amount and frquency you drink, reality becomes fuzzy and you see things in a different light, usually a bad light too...So anyways..I like to give anyone a first chance and if you get pulled over for being drunk, and you are impared:

The first time:

1. You loose your driver's lic for 6 months...period
2. You pay a heavy fine, plus court costs not to exceed $3000.00...period
3. You must do all the driving tests all over again to get your lic back...period

The Second time:

1. You lose your driver's lic. for life...period
2. You lose your car...period
3. You go to jail for a minimum of 1 year...period

If you cause damage to anyones personal property:

1. Replace the property then see the judge for jail time and fines as in #1 and #2situations...period

If you kill or hurt anyone in either of the above first twosituations:

1. Jail for Life for the life..period
2. Jail for 10 minimum, for the bodily injuries you caused someone...period

BTW...August 26, 11:30 pm, 1992...I got pulled over for a DUI and I haven't drank a drop since..God is my witness...And I've never felt better.[sm=smiley1.gif]

Old 12-18-2006, 12:41 AM

Don't drink and drive... you'll spill your beer!

totally kidding, but I'm glad to hear that you're OK and that your H3 gets fixed soon

Old 12-18-2006, 01:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

A little soul baring on drinkers and driving....You very well may hate me after this..

For many many years I took chances and got away with being drunk or impared from drinking..along with other intoxicating substances while driving..Knowing very well the conciquences I could be facing if I were to be in an accident...My older brother died from alcoholisim at 29, my father died as a result of drinking and alcoholisimat 65...Did I have plenty of life long examples of how booze affects people and the lives of people around them, directly or indirectly?..Hell yes!!..But in spite of all the embarrassment I lived through as a kid growing up in an alcoholic family...I still drank....and drank...and drank..for many years..I put my wife through hell, as I look back now and the *** I made of myself while sh!tfaced most the times...

Okay, the point I'm getting to is this, People drink for a lot of reasons, and once you lose control of the amount and frquency you drink, reality becomes fuzzy and you see things in a different light, usually a bad light too...So anyways..I like to give anyone a first chance and if you get pulled over for being drunk, and you are impared:

The first time:

1. You loose your driver's lic for 6 months...period
2. You pay a heavy fine, plus court costs not to exceed $3000.00...period
3. You must do all the driving tests all over again to get your lic back...period

The Second time:

1. You lose your driver's lic. for life...period
2. You lose your car...period
3. You go to jail for a minimum of 1 year...period

If you cause damage to anyones personal property:

1. Replace the property then see the judge for jail time and fines as in #1 and #2situations...period

If you kill or hurt anyone in either of the above first twosituations:

1. Jail for Life for the life..period
2. Jail for 10 minimum, for the bodily injuries you caused someone...period

BTW...August 26, 11:30 pm, 1992...I got pulled over for a DUI and I haven't drank a drop since..God is my witness...And I've never felt better.[sm=smiley1.gif]
Congrats Dennis, 14 Years Sober is a HUGE Accomplishment.

Good on ya!!

BTW "lets get dirty", I'm glad everyone was OK!! THANKS GM for HUMMERS!!

Old 12-18-2006, 01:50 AM

HeyDennis------------[sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]
[sm=happy046.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=youreright.gif]
CONGRATS MAN!!!!!!!

I whole heartedly agree. Here in New Mexico, there are people with 3+ DUI/DWI's killing people on the roads. They are having to get
the interlocks on the first offense after the regular punishments.

When I was in the military as a cop, one of my friends was on leave and went downtown drinknig and hit a patch of black ice and over corrected causing the car to roll just outside the base. I was the closest to respond. I reached in to support his head and my hand went inside his cranium-it hit the pavement twice as the marks on the road showed.

So I have no compassion for the ones that get away with it multiple of times. Once may have been a mistake and is usually an eye-opener.
If the person changes and goes on the right path, thumbs up, otherwise they are screwed!!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2006, 02:10 AM
JM

Hell Dennis!!
I think that we are lucky to have you around here, this forum would not be the same without you.
So, chances are little that me, or anyone else, hates you for what you just wrote.Your a jolly good fellow.

....BTW, I was having in mind offering you a bottle of CHATEAU MARGAUX 1961 for Christmas....I can't possibly do it now, I'm sending you a bottle of PERRIER water instead

Quick Reply: to all who drink and drive...