PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air filter study info

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 03:32 AM
Default RE: air filter study info

I didn't post this article to make amsoil look like they suck, I posted this article because back before you were here there were numerous threads regarding filters and how they differed. I posted the article nowbecause I just got the magaizine from my brother and just read the article!

Dennis and Dilo like K&N and they weren't rated the highest either but you don't see them calling it BS or a huge JP conspiracy. They also aren'tmaking claims that I only posted it to make their filter look bad. It's a f'ing air filter for chits sake!!!

If Amsoil came off in the article as looking like crap then maybe you should contact JP magazine and bitch at them, as I only posted what they printed.Now you are claiming that JP magazine has some sort of conspiracy against amsoil.Again, you believe what you want...thats your right but please bitch to the author of the article, not me.

As far as borla, I have nothing against them and I posted that to you. I have a full header back borla system on my Camaro and love it. My opinion is that I don't think it is a good system for the h3....thats it...my opinion. Just because you post your opinion ona thread doesn't mean I can't post mine after....this is a message board, we aren't always going to agree.

Old 12-22-2006, 08:25 AM

Dennis and Dilo like K&N and they weren't rated the highest either but you don't see them calling it BS or a huge JP conspiracy. They also aren'tmaking claims that I only posted it to make their filter look bad. It's a f'ing air filter for chits sake!!!
I never said anything about a conspiracy? Just mentioned that maybe the tilted the test as AEM, etc. advertise there.

If Amsoil came off in the article as looking like crap then maybe you should contact JP magazine and bitch at them, as I only posted what they printed.Now you are claiming that JP magazine has some sort of conspiracy against amsoil.Again, you believe what you want...thats your right but please bitch to the author of the article, not me.
If you read the email I received.....Amsoil is contacting Jeep themselves!

As far as borla, I have nothing against them and I posted that to you. I have a full header back borla system on my Camaro and love it. My opinion is that I don't think it is a good system for the h3....thats it...my opinion. Just because you post your opinion ona thread doesn't mean I can't post mine after....this is a message board, we aren't always going to agree.
I GET IT ,YOU LOVE BORLA AND AMSOIL......MOVE ON.
If there isn't anything against me then why that come back? Borla wasn't even part of this conversation????? Why is it that anyone else can state their views but when I do, it gets under your skin?

I always thought this place as one that wasn't like all the other Forums where people can't get along but I see I was wrong. I never thought I would ever get into a pissing match with anyone over my views as they should be allowed as any other persons views without someone jumping on them as you have jumped on me. If a poster can't post his own views, thoughts, likes, dislikes, what worked for him, what didn't, then it would be a dull place to be. I never said anything to you other than ask some questions, give my feelings on a subject, or what I personally use, why jump on me for it. If I call a story BS, than it is my freedom of speech to say it no matter what you think.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:21 PM

It's Christmas for Christ's sakes..Lets all put this to rest

K&N is the best and the rest of them suck..so there!

When Viper uses K&Ns right out of the box that tells me they are suited for MAX peformance..I can't see Dodge putting on an inferior filter on a $90,000 car...And if Amsoil or the likes were so damn great then they's be on every car sold too..

Old 12-23-2006, 08:23 AM

Hey Dennis, if you read the email that Amsoil sent and I posted, they even said that Amsoil didn't beat K&N on some testing.

Another thing I would like to clear and then DROP THIS is that when I first posted to IK, I was talking to him but addressing Jeep Mag and who ever tested the filters. When I said BS, that was what I thought of the test and nothing to do with IK. When I then said LMOA, that too was addressing the report from Jeep and not IK. I really thought that his post to me wasn't called for and that if he wanted to say what he did, he could have just PMed me instead of making it public and that to me inforced what I had a feeling on. I then wanted to post a reply from Amsoil to show their side of how they test by 2 independent sources and not from an Amsoil test only.

For one of the moderators to reply to a member in this way is out of line! If anyone views here are taking to a point as he felt I shouldn't have replied andsaid MOVE ON, then that is censorship.

I really can see why he wouldn't put an expensive exhaust system on his H3 due to him only leasing it. If I leased, I wouldn't either. Hey, he brought up Borla here.....

Now, that I explained my first post and then a reply from Amsoil to even the story out. I will stop beating a dead horse......

Old 12-23-2006, 03:33 PM

Ok Jude, ready for this........ Your original responce was fine, here was my reply to your initial responce

I don't know I didn't run the test myself, all I can go by is what the study showed and I copied it word for word. And all testing was done at an independant ISO certified test facility
Nothing bad there...correct?

Then you come back with the whole amsoil report that they sent you after you emailed them...and in YOUR reply you posted this

In the second part of your first post, the pass through of dirt, I would say that your sock theroy falls way short.
THIS is what I got pissed at and was the FIRST arguementative thing mentioned in this thread....so you see sir, it was YOU that started the chit...not me. And to mention to Dennis that my bieng a mod and treating you this way is unacceptable is a complete JOKE!!!!!

To that post of yours the only thing I replied with was this:
dude seriously, do you own amsoil stock, or borla? Anytime I say chit about any of them you feel the need to argue about it...I GET IT ,YOU LOVE BORLA AND AMSOIL......MOVE ON.
And it's 100% true!!! EVERY time someone posts somthing questioning Amsoil or borla you feel the need to post articles, charts email responces from the company to prove your right and they are the best.....my question is why? And don't start the censorship bullchit with me....We all will have different views on a lot of things, your acting like someone saying amsoil blows is a personal attack on you...take a friggen chill pill bro. IT's AN F'ING AIR FILTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS far as me leasing and not wanting to put an expensive muffler on my h3...WTF does that mean? I have more money in my h3 that most here bro.....I don't care that it's a lease, very easy to take an exhaust system off and put the stocker back on once the lease is up!! I WILL SAY THIS NICE AND BIG FOR YOU......I DON"T HAVE A BORLA BECAUSE I THINK THEY SUCK ON THE H3...did you get that ok?!?! I don't care how high between the frame rails they sit, it is still in danger of getting hit and hit hard on the trail...thats all I ever said about borla and all I ever will say about it. If you don't offroad then its a great system for you, if you do then it's waste. Gas tanks sit pretty high above the frame rails on most trucks, and yet I have destroyed two and had to go to a fuel cell in my old jeep to prevent it from getting smashed, so please don't tell me that the borla location is safe....cause it's not.

SO again...YOU STARTED any arguement by claiming this was MY THEORY.....NOT ME!!!!!

Next time get your facts straight before cying to Dennis

Old 12-23-2006, 05:19 PM

In the second part of your first post, the pass through of dirt, I would say that your sock theroy falls way short.

What was argumentative about that? I was stating that the Sock theory you found was unfounded as how would a sock compare to a filter that a company woiuld be selling. BTW, where is the report on that one? I would love to see it and the source so I can contact them and then send it off to Amsoil for their response. I mean, they should have their opinion stated here too if some one put them down with a report? Right?????

I did a serch on the web and couldn't find the report you stated here. Please post where you found it.

I still see that you need to chill out as it comes across that some how...I **** you off with my posts???? I psot charts for knowledge to others. Sort of what Dennis always says that this thread is usless without pictures????? At least I post where I found the info.

I know your feelings on the borla, you see to ram this down my throat with every post to me.....I don't do the dirt thing and it is mostly made for the street dude......why put chrome on the exhaust tips and then smash them?

Why didn't you smart buy if you put all this money into it or why not just buy it if you have all the money to sink in it? Don't bother answering as I am not a bit interested in your private matters.

Again, when I stated YOUR THEORY I meant your post about what YOU READ! NOT YOUR PERSONAL VIEWS OR FEELINGS!!!!!!!

Old 12-23-2006, 05:48 PM

when you said "your sock theory" I took it to mean what it said...a theory made up by me. Now if you would have said "the sock theory that you were talking about" or something like that then there would have been no problem. If that is what you meant then forgive me as I didn't take it that way, and this whole arguement should be dropped.

AS far as me leasing, it has nothing to do with my finances, I leased the 3 because I was always told by my dad to never buy a first year production vehicle because of certain bugs/problems that need to worked out. I'm glad I listened to him cause I am having the head vavle problem, and there are also better engine choices bieng released in 08 or 09 that I will be turning mine in for and unlike buying I will not take nay financial hit on it. Everything I have added to my h3...rim/tires, headrest monitors,visor monitor,dvd,3 amps, 3 sub, 61/2" components in the front doors, 6 1/2 2 ways in the rear doors,line level converter/booster, wiring,distr. blocks,fuse blocks,HID lights, they can all come out and be put into whatever vehicle I get next.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:16 PM

[sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=shutup.gif]

JUDE YOU HAVE A K&N IN YOUR TRUCK SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM

Old 12-23-2006, 08:16 PM

[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

BTW...dilo's post was not meant for me....just to clarify

Old 12-23-2006, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

But the bottom line on this..Is if you change your oil more regularly when usingK&N type air filters, you most certainly will not have to worry about the dust that makes it by the filter bothering the engine.
Changing oil frequently is really key. Wear particles enter the oil from combustion byproducts (rub your finger around the inside of the tailpipe) and the fuel as well as the air filter. The combustion byproducts in the inside of the tailpipe are what makes it through the manifold cat, main cat, resonator, and muffler. Think of all the junk in the combustion chamber that you are not seeing.

The stock fuel filter doesn't exactly filter these small particles that contribute to wear. There's junk at the bottom of the gas station tanks. Some ofthat gas gets pumped into your tank especially the smaller particles that stay in suspension in the gas and makes it past the gas pump filter.

Also, there is a PCV system that injects some oilish junk back into the combustion chamber.

All these junk particles get trapped in the oil. Most oil filters can't filter the smaller particles and some filters get clogged at 2000-3000 miles and get bypassed anyway.

So even though the synthetic oil can theoretically handle long change intervals, usually the oil filter can't last that long and wear particles keep getting recycled through your engine.

Quick Reply: air filter study info