PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Comes Through Vents Even When Turned Off

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Default Air Comes Through Vents Even When Turned Off

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they know what the problem is?

It may have always been this way or at least for a long time. Even when all the AC/Heater ***** are turned off, no lights on, fan all the way off, I still get air that comes through the vents. Air will be cool if it's all the way in the red, warm if all the way in the blue or medium if in the middle area.

Do you know what needs to be fixed in this situation?

Thanks for your help.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost Rider
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they know what the problem is?

It may have always been this way or at least for a long time. Even when all the AC/Heater ***** are turned off, no lights on, fan all the way off, I still get air that comes through the vents. Air will be cool if it's all the way in the red, warm if all the way in the blue or medium if in the middle area.

Do you know what needs to be fixed in this situation?

Thanks for your help.
This is normal if you are moving and don't have Recirculate engaged.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by RKSmith163
This is normal if you are moving and don't have Recirculate engaged.
Push the middle **** so the light is illuminated and you won't get any airflow into the cabin. recirc will not illuminate if you have the mode selector set to the feet only position. It needs to be at least one click into the feet/dash or feet/defrost position.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

This is why these things come with an owner's manual in the glove box.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:12 AM

It is normal, ALL newer GM vehicles do this.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
Push the middle **** so the light is illuminated and you won't get any airflow into the cabin. recirc will not illuminate if you have the mode selector set to the feet only position. It needs to be at least one click into the feet/dash or feet/defrost position.

Recirculate will also turn on the AC in some instances. The reason that there is air in the off position is for the flow through ventilation. Turn on recirculate and this RECIRCULATES the interior air, causing condensation to build up resulting in fogged windows. So in effect you will be constantly fighting the window fog. Read your book, too many times I have seen fools driving down the highway trying to wipe the condensation off the windshield because they have the recirculate button pushed. It gets worse depending on how many people are in the vehicle......................Then everyone try's to wipe.....

Old 12-28-2011, 03:45 PM

Yea the recirculate button runs the compressor, I assume that kills milage.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by jewjenk
Recirculate will also turn on the AC in some instances. The reason that there is air in the off position is for the flow through ventilation. Turn on recirculate and this RECIRCULATES the interior air, causing condensation to build up resulting in fogged windows. So in effect you will be constantly fighting the window fog. Read your book, too many times I have seen fools driving down the highway trying to wipe the condensation off the windshield because they have the recirculate button pushed. It gets worse depending on how many people are in the vehicle......................Then everyone try's to wipe.....
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:56 PM

I no im really late on this but every gm works that way it comes out the top to keep the windows clear and blah blah every gm for the last 10 yrs. lol