PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adventure package or not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Cool Adventure package or not?

Hello everyone. I am in the process of searching for an '09 H3. I want one with the Adventure Package, in Blk. with a 5 spd tranny, moonroof, etc, etc.........Here is the problem. I would have to order it to get exactly what I want, and I am afraid that the incentives will change in the time it takes to get the truck in. The way that the dealer explained it to me, is that I would get the incentives that are available when I take delivery. So, if the $5-$6500 cash back goes away....I will pay that much more for the truck. Now don't get me wrong, I love it, but $5k+ is alot of $$$ for me to gamble with.

I did locate an '09 that has everything that I want, except the Adventure Package. I don't plan to do any major 4 wheeling. Some trails, and the like. The Rubicon is out. ;-)

My question is this.....do I really need the Adventure Package? Aside from the stabilitrac, and the 33's....are there any other mods? Does it have a "factory lift" if you will? Can I get 33's on the Base H3? Final question......do dealers share inventory? What I mean is this......a dealer 150+ miles to the North of me has the truck that I want. Can my local dealer get his hands on it?

Ok, so I had more then one question.

Thanks in advance for helping me out. I have get back to watching Jack Bauer kick some terrorist ***. :-)

Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 PM

your dealer should be able to do a dealer locate and trade one of theirs to another dealer for one you want. dont forget the Adv. pkg. has locking diffs.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:10 PM

That is a very specific unit you are looking for. I pulled a national search and only 2 dealers have something like that, and both of those haven't even been built yet. They are waiting to be produced. Keep in mind that the Adventure Package makes up a very small amount of the H3's sold, most are base, Lux etc. If you are not planning on doing any serious off-roading you might consider the base and add larger tires, but if you plan to do off-roading spend the extra money and get the Adventure package the front and rear locking diffs. are worth it.
Also I know you are wondering where the dealers are that have the 2 being built are, one is in MD, and the other is in VA, unless you are close to one of them there aren't any. It's easy for me to search for them I have access to GM inventory.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:38 PM

Thank you Gentlemen!!!!

James, I would be willing to go to MD or psossibly even VA. Depends on how far away. I am in Upstate NY. ANy idea what color they will be, when they will be built, etc? Prehaps my local dealer would trade one out for one of them.

Last ? Could I put 33's or 35's on the base without doing any mods?

Thanks again!!! Your all have been a big help!!!

Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 PM

The Adventure Package you are getting the in-dash 6-CD changer with 7-speaker Monsoon sound system and the 4.03:1 2-speed Transfer Case. Fully Locking Electronic Front and Rear Differential, 33-inch LT285/75R16C on-road/off-road tires. (this is a "package deal" where everything is included in the package)

The Base you can get the addition of the OFF-ROAD SUSPENSION 4.03:1 2-speed Transfer Case. Fully Locking Electronic Front and Rear Differential, 33-inch LT285/75R16C on-road/off-road tires. (Base can have a choice of the Monsoon sound system)

Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 PM

They are both black, one is being brodcast for production and the other one has just been accepted for the order.(fancy way of saying it is sitting in the order bank) The one in MD will be built first. I don't know how close you are to RI, but there is a Carbon Black unit being built for a dealer up there. I'm from Texas, so not sure on how close that stuff is up there.
In regards to the tires, yes you can bolt 33's on with no mods. On the 35's you will need to raise the torsion bars to allow for clerance, but that is really easy.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:12 AM

James,

Is it Chriswell or Anderson that is getting the Blk H3 Adventure that is currently in production? It's a 5 hour drive, but I just packed my bags. I will leave at first light. ;-) Seriously, is it one of them? It is possible that this is ordered for someone too right?

Why is it with Hummer that when you order a vehicle and leave a deposit, they will not lock in the current offers? Jeep will do that for me. My other option is a fully loaded Rubicon for under $30k w/ 0% for 48.

BUT.... I really, really prefer the Hummer!!!

Old 02-17-2009, 03:34 AM

Ok,

So I contacted Chriswell or Anderson in MD and Hurd in RI. Although I am very determined, it is now 4:33 in the am/ I feel like a kid at XMas time. Must sleep now...............zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 02-17-2009, 06:10 AM

Keep us posted on the outcome.

Here is a dealer in CT, a bit closer to you.
They do have many Black H3s in stock, but a phone call may tell you if they have what you are looking for.
Here is an 07 black, but auto tranny.
http://www.mcdermottauto.com/ou/newh..._new_inventory

Old 02-17-2009, 08:59 AM

It is Anderson in MD. The reason why GM will not let you lock in the rebates, is because there is not a VIN number to assign the rebates to. I know it is crazy, but that's just the way they do it. I think it would be worth the wait for the H3. It is possible they ordered it for someone, but I dought it, because it doesn't show to be ordered as a retail sold order. Let me know what they say. Refrenence this order number at Anderson when you talk to them NFNFHR. Keep us posted on the out come.

Quick Reply: Adventure package or not?