PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusted my torsion bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Default Adjusted my torsion bars

That was one of the easiest adjustments that I had to do.....had to go get a 1 1/16" socket to fit the torsion bar bolt, but other than that, it was easy. I had been noticing that my H3 sat a little crooked....I kept saying NAH!

Finally got out the measuring tape, and it was almost 1" higher on the passenger's side. I lowered the passenger's side down, and then raised the driver's side just a tad. Now it's perfect! The front should get the same measurements on both sides and the driver's side rear will be about 1/4" down from the passenger's side, due to the gas tank, and how much gas you have in there.......
Alignment seems to be fine, but if something funny happens to my tires, I marked the bolts, so that it can be returned to the original specs.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Default RE: Adjusted my torsion bars

Make sure that you check the measurements again; after you drive around a little it may be off again

Old 03-16-2008, 12:18 PM

Rich, yeah I did......It seems good now, but I will keep checking for the next week or so. The only other thing I noticed was that the passenger's side bolt was really easy to move, while the driver's side you needed to put a little muscle into it...Is this normal?

Old 03-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

did you jack the front end up of did you armstrong it?

Old 03-16-2008, 04:26 PM

I didn't jack it up.....didn't want to move my dodge to get to my jack.....so I used my muscles!![sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 03-16-2008, 04:30 PM

that's the same way I did it Solar, thinking maybe it was harder on one side than the other because you cranked up one side first (probably the easy side) then all the weight was leaning on the other. Does that make sense?

Old 03-16-2008, 06:25 PM

Just a guess but I think the passenger side was easier because you were lowering it, so the weight of the vehicle made it easy. nice ride!

Old 03-16-2008, 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: stonewallmp5
Just a guess but I think the passenger side was easier because you were lowering it, so the weight of the vehicle made it easy. nice ride!
Good point, I was thinking "raise it" because that's what most of us do with them. Sorry

Old 03-16-2008, 08:32 PM

Mine varies about 1/4 - 1/2 and inch from side to side depending on how much gas is in the tank. Full tank= spot on even. Empty= 1/4 inch higher on drivers side.[8D]

Old 03-18-2008, 06:29 PM

If you adjusted it an inch then your alignment that you just paid for is off. I adjusted mine about an inch and now my steering wheel is all messed up. I have to take it in for an alignment.

Quick Reply: Adjusted my torsion bars