PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACTUAL MPG

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Default RE: ACTUAL MPG

How is everyone driving (city, highway, what speeds, etc.)?

I'm thinking about buying an H3 before the end of the year BUT the gas mileage is something I have to think about - especially city driving.

Thanks for any info.

BTW, 14 mpg? Ouch. I do understand and can appreciate mileage improving over time. My current ride, 2004 Mazda RX8, got horrible mileage the first 17k miles. I was getting about 14 mpg with mixed driving. Now it's up to about 18 mpg mixed (75% highway/25% city). I purposefully use cruise control at 68-70 mph on the highway though.

Old 01-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Default Stickshift mileage???

I am curious about the H3 stickshift. Every stick I've ever owned always made the EPA estimate and bested the HIGHWAY estimate.

Is this true for you manual owners? Can you best 21HWY... especially on long road trips?

Thanks

Old 01-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Default RE: Stickshift mileage???

I am getting about 16mpg to 16.5mpg so far, so probably a bit over 16 an average..... I thought it was bad but I see I was mistake :/

Old 01-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Default RE: Stickshift mileage???

Only been through about three tanks, but about 15 1/2 city and 16 1/2 on the road.

Old 01-21-2006, 03:09 PM

You guys realize that by installing this kit ur voiding your warranty on the H3 ? not sure if all or on the engine itself. This is what my dealer told me.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:01 PM

Hello all,

I'm new here but as a self-proclaimed car guy, I've been around the block enough to know that your dealer is lying to you. Your dealer cannot void the warranty unless he can prove that the aftermarket part caused the issue. Sounds like he wants to charge you to install the part himself. Intakes and such are pretty straight forward in terms of installation. Here's a link to the legal Mumbo Jumbo:

Magnuson Moss Act

Tell him you know better or find another dealer. My 0.02.

Matt

Old 01-26-2006, 01:22 PM

I just asked him if it voids the warranty if I get one, I never said I would. He went to the parts guys or whoever deals with this stuff. if I did buy it I would probably go and isntall it there anyways. He did not say anything about bringing it there, just that it will void warranty once installed. And once you install it and something goes wrong with the engine, they can always say it was your messing with it that caused it, and it is more your problem to prove otherwise then theirs to prove anything

Old 01-26-2006, 03:32 PM

um... no. I'll make it easier for you.

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)

Regardless of what he says or the assumtions you are making, they cannot void your warranty if you have an aftermarket modification. Now, if you go out and suck a bunch of water into the intake and you hydrolock the engine, that is your fault - but I'm sure you could do that with the stock intake as well - take your H3 through several feet of water and let us know what the dealer says about a fried computer or locked up engine.

An intake and exhaust are minor modifications at best- little power gains = little risk. Sure, throw the bottle and a cam on a car, have a problem, and you are on your own - but that's the risk you take with aggressive modifications. But even then the modification has to be related to the issue and if it is, oh well... you knew that going in. The law is the law despite what they are telling you. If you want to overpay for the same part and then get raped on installation, go for it. They'd be glad to charge you $75.00 an hour to drop in a K&N filter. Maybe the extra money can be justified as insurance in the very slim chance an airfiler will cause a catastophic engine failure. I say no - I don't buy extended warrantys at Best Buy either. My other cars are modded and the dealers never say a word regarding warranty - but in the event they do I know my rights and if it is related to the part in question, then I'm willing to take the hit. Trust me, they just want your money but if you want, be safe, leave it stock and you know there will be no future warranty issues. My 0.02

Matt

Old 01-26-2006, 03:58 PM

Thanks for the info, I will be advised

Old 01-27-2006, 01:47 PM

That's BS..I looked a new H3 in New Mexico and the Dealer installed a Cold air Intake, Dual exhaust and CHIP programmed the engine and all was still fully under WARRANTY..No problems[sm=trust_me.gif]i

Quick Reply: ACTUAL MPG