PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? About trading my H2 for an H1

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Default ? About trading my H2 for an H1

I love my H2, but I really love the H1. I have a large family and need a vehicle with lots and lots of space. Would it be worth the trade? I am looking at a 1990 H1, mint condition, and I currently have a 2003 H2 with the 3rd row seat. I know that the gas mileage is better on the H1s than the H2s, but if anyone has any input, it would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:48 PM

Do you do a lot of highway miles? I once went on a dune ride in Pismo beach in CA. Man that H1 would go through anything. i asked the tour guide if there were many accidents on the dunes. He laughed and said most wrecks happen when someone in a lesser vehicle tries to follow him in the H1 Would think on the highway it may be slow going.

Don't they just seat 4? In the end get what you want. I love my H2. Would be cool to try out a H1. i think if you like it go for it. You only live once! You can always sell it and get back in a H2

Old 04-28-2010, 09:26 PM

yes very true, the only thing is convincing my wife...I've been trying to convince her for a while now. I know for a fact that the open back h1s have a bench seat, so in total, I believe it can can fit up tto 7 people, which is perfect for me.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

No H1 seats more than 4 people. You can order a jump seat that fits between the two rear seats but at most two small children can sit in that. The H2 is quieter than the H1 and rides better. Mileage in the H1 isn't that much different than the H2. 10-11 around town and maybe up to 14 on the highway if you drive in the 60-65 mph range. There is nothing like an H1 and driving one is a unique experience. I loved my H2 but the 1s can't be beat.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:21 AM

I agree with no more jeeps. 10 years in the Airborne Infantry, I have put my miles in H1's. They are amazing. I decided to go for it last month and finally bought myself an H1 wagon. with the civilian creature comforts compared to mil-spec ones....it truley is like nothing else. (hummer should pay us for putting stuff up on here like this, lol)

Old 04-30-2010, 11:39 AM

if you are wanting to use it like you use an H2, you might not be happy. they are relatively loud on the inside, not very roomy, everything is expensive on it and require a considerable amount of maintenance. if that is ok with you, i would say go for it! they are awesome.

brett

Old 04-30-2010, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by redtank
yes very true, the only thing is convincing my wife...I've been trying to convince her for a while now. I know for a fact that the open back h1s have a bench seat, so in total, I believe it can can fit up tto 7 people, which is perfect for me.
honestly, have you sat in one? unless your kids are tiny, there wont be enough room. i think you might be able to squeeze two kids on the center seat, but there legs will have no where to go.

for as big as these trucks are, they are cramped. especially if you havent done the passenger seat dash mod on the earlier ones.

if i was looking for one and i have a family larger than my wife and i, i would buy a $25-30k and buy a DD/family car. i would never own my h1 as my only vehicle...thats just me tho

brett

Old 04-30-2010, 01:52 PM

No I have not sat in one...I knew that they are very cramped inside , but thought that the bench seat sat 3. Guess I was wrong. Really sucks...Guess the wife wins this time, lol...But I still love my H2. MAybe get one a little later on, when the kids get a little older.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by redtank
No I have not sat in one...I knew that they are very cramped inside , but thought that the bench seat sat 3. Guess I was wrong. Really sucks...Guess the wife wins this time, lol...But I still love my H2. MAybe get one a little later on, when the kids get a little older.
where are you located? if you are local to the houston area, i would let you check my truck out and see if it would fit your needs

brett

Old 05-05-2010, 11:00 AM

I think the H1 gets worse gas mileage than the H2

Quick Reply: ? About trading my H2 for an H1