Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   About to be a Hummer Owner (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/about-hummer-owner-6808/)

BassGear 08-16-2007 08:56 PM

RE: About to be a Hummer Owner

ORIGINAL: alrock

Boosted, remember that the 08 H2s have new engines, new interiors. They are very capable vehicles even with their Chevy roots. The Suburban and Tahoe chassis have excellent reputations - nothing to be worried about there. I'm an H3 guy for two reasons: mileage and the extra $20-$30K it takes to get into a new H2. And I like the looks--and it doesn't look a thing like Bonds, McGuire or Giambi. [/align]
You forgot to mention that whistle blower Canseco[/align]

HummBob 08-17-2007 03:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 21606

ockie 08-17-2007 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: boosted
1. Is it true that the Hummer H2 is Juts a chopped up chevy truck chassis?
2. I know it has the Chevy motor in it but what kind of milage doe sthis thing get? I am not overly concerned about it but would like to know some real world facts.
1. Yes and No. From what I understand is that it uses a 1500 front end, 2500 rear end, and a custom box frame for the center to connect the front and rear end. It's so dramatically changed, that it would be incorrect to call it really a "Chevy" truck chassis. Before you worry about this, keep in mind that many cars/trucks shares the same platforms... in fact, it's actually frightening. Such as the Murano that uses the Maxima chassis, or the S40 shares the samechassis as the Mazda3, or RX350 uses the samechassis as the Toyota Highlander... I can go on and on with this... but in this case with the H2, it's not really sharing any chassis, it's a whole custom design taken from award winning components.

2. The MPG isn't anything worth writing home about, most users find 9-13mpgs with this truck. Keep in mind, that other SUV's in the same class are not that far off, such as the Escallade, Expedition, Suburban, Navigator, Denali... they are all pretty darn close. Keep in mind, that the new (2008) H2 will use a new engine, which is not only E85 compliant, but it has more power and it's more fuel efficient. But to be quite honest, somone seeking such a truck in such a price range shouldn't be worried about the gas mileage. This is a big truck with a great potential.

As for the H3 comment, I drive one. It is an awesome truck for the money. But each person has their own likes/dislikes.

As for the H1 decision, this is the cream of the crop. To be quite honest, if you can procure a good condition (or even new) one, by all means, go for it.

GorillaH2 08-17-2007 10:22 PM

To tell you the truth i wasnt into the H3 when it came out either because it didnt looks right but after I saw it on the trails I saw its true potential and I got into it. I still own an H2 but the H3 seems like a good fuel efficient alternative. Just my 2 cents.

eugenebeauxbuton 08-18-2007 01:21 AM

H3 for life. Oh yeahh!![sm=violent053.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif]

Sugardaddy 08-18-2007 08:12 AM

Welcome!!