PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

(4) OEM GENUINE HUMMER H2 ASSiST U REMOVABLE STEPS 89006871 89006870 RARE STEP

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 04:51 PM
Default (4) OEM GENUINE HUMMER H2 ASSiST U REMOVABLE STEPS 89006871 89006870 RARE STEP

These are the original full size Assist U step, super rare,
Set of 4 Steps and 4 ***** and pins.

Extremely rare! Not beat up they were stores in a barn for many amount of years until i just pulled them out cleaning the other day.
I have pictures on my phone of all of them but they wont let me upload them onto the computer so feel free to call or text me and we can talk more.

(248) 390-5867

This is pretty much the only ones i have ever seen and i tried to do a little search before i put them up for sale and i could not find any other ones period.
EXTREMELY RARE ESPECIALLY IN GOOD CONDITION.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:04 AM

Interested! How much are you asking? I've been looking for a set of these...my elderly FIL loves to get taken to appts and such in the Hummer but struggles with getting in w the bar.

Last edited by TR1-H3X; 03-26-2019 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:23 AM
Old 03-26-2019, 09:43 AM

RUN, don't walk away from this one. Everything about this sounds fishy. NO photo, never posted on HF before yesterday, Broken English, posts a phone # on a forum, then he posted a link to signing into craigslist.

Either "not so SMRT" or a scam. Either way, RUN, FORREST RUN!

Last edited by TAINTER; 03-26-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:47 AM

Found the "not so SMRT" listing. He wants $1200.00

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/p...850092811.html

Old 03-26-2019, 09:53 AM
Default Attached link

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/p...850092811.html

my apologies I did not know the link was to a login to craigslist. The link above is the like to the page.

As far as the broken English clearly I’m not as intelligent as you and for that I also apologize. I’m a college student so I’m working on that.

And yes my first and only post because I figured If I wanted to get this out to the true hummer lovers it would be on a forum. Is there something wrong with that and does that make me a fake account?

All the images are mine and I can assure you I can take many more pictures with different backgrounds if you just ask and don’t go straight to I’m trying to scam someone. Not everyone in the world is out to get someone.

—Alex Knox (aknoxrr)

Old 03-26-2019, 04:10 PM

Alex, ALL the red flags of previous scams were there so he was rightly concerned. I guess college doesn't teach you to be respectful...to a group of people you're trying to sell to!

And speaking of disrespectful... $1200?! Are you serious?! You "just wanted to get it out to the true Hummer lovers..."? BS, you were just trying to cash in on us. No thanks, not interested...

Thanks Tainter..I appreciate the homework and the looking out

Old 03-26-2019, 05:34 PM

In all honestly to the seller, complete sets have sold for over $1k. Are they VERY RARE, no they are not very rare. Full sets can still be had but usually fall in the $6-800 range from what I've seen in the past. Personally, I wouldn't spend more than $150 each. I used to buy them up at $100 a piece when I bought my set of 6.

They are harder to come by as the years go by hence the price gouging. The crazy thing is, someone will pay the $1,100 he is asking.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
In all honestly to the seller, complete sets have sold for over $1k. Are they VERY RARE, no they are not very rare. Full sets can still be had but usually fall in the $6-800 range from what I've seen in the past. Personally, I wouldn't spend more than $150 each. I used to buy them up at $100 a piece when I bought my set of 6.

They are harder to come by as the years go by hence the price gouging. The crazy thing is, someone will pay the $1,100 he is asking.
I will agree with Big B on this one too.
They arent so rare that you cant find them, you can... but you will have to pay more than what you would have as a stock option... and it usually isnt a matter of finding them, as much as finding them in good condition that pushes the prices upward....
Are they worth 1200 for a set.... i dont think so. I have seen many out there for this price and I pass.... I think one or two suckers paid 1200 for a set and suddenly now this is the going rate... lest we forget, that market isnt dictated by the item being sold but what the person is willing to pay. U-steps dont do anything for the person selling them, but the money the person pays for them can pay bills or buy more things
Also, seriously they do the exact same function as the "nerf bar" style steps most of us already have.... so it is really about looks, unless you have no nerf bars... then any steps are nice to have.
Would I say to try and find them for 100-150 a piece, yes... BUT be ready to wait it out for a while.
And if you do find some for a decent price, like LoJac stated, be prepared to put a little elbow grease into making them look "purdy" or function correctly.

I bought mine off mcioci and he has sold many H2 parts on here so I trusted him. They werent perfect and I knew what I was getting because he detailed everything out in pictures and discussion. In the end, were they perfect... no. Will they need some work, yes. But did I pay 1200 for them.... not even close

Old 03-27-2019, 08:17 PM

I was not so patient for several years and finally came across a set in good condition but needed to be recoated. I paid $400 and then had them chemically stripped and powder coated to match original finish. It was worth the wait, not worth $1200. I'm glad that I waited. Good luck!

Quick Reply: (4) OEM GENUINE HUMMER H2 ASSiST U REMOVABLE STEPS 89006871 89006870 RARE STEP