PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3months and going in the shop already...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Default 3months and going in the shop already...

is anyone else getting this.....

i have owned my H3 for almost three months now and i am getting a message across my dash saying " traction control-service 4wd" (something like that).....it has come on at least 4 times....i have shut the truck off then restarted and its fine...

I did call the dealer and they said bring it and they will take a look....but also today while washing it i notice a blemish in the paint on the roof.....a bubble....kind of afraid it will progress into rust...

I have an appointment monday morning so lets see what they say.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Default RE: 3months and going in the shop already...

ORIGINAL: sconnoll

is anyone else getting this.....

i have owned my H3 for almost three months now and i am getting a message across my dash saying " traction control-service 4wd" (something like that).....it has come on at least 4 times....i have shut the truck off then restarted and its fine...

I did call the dealer and they said bring it and they will take a look....but also today while washing it i notice a blemish in the paint on the roof.....a bubble....kind of afraid it will progress into rust...

I have an appointment monday morning so lets see what they say.

Your first problem is a common one..GM and your dealer will fix it..no biggy..It is a Transfercase control motor issue and the quick fix and it works for me..Is to cycle through all the FWD functions while standing still and in N engine running, once a week (GM recommends cycling through all the FWD funtions 50 times initially)..This will keep the internal sensor contacts burnished and clean..In extreme cases they will replace the control moter on the Transfercase.

As far as the blem..They will also fix that too.

Old 07-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Default RE: 3months and going in the shop already...

I received this message also and the dealer replaced the transfer case control motor and the 4wd mode switch
I think that all that was wrong though was the motor. Since they changed these items I have not got any more
messages 10000 miles later. My dealer said that there was a service bulletin on the control motor