PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

32" vs 35"

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 02:56 AM
Default 32" vs 35"

Ok, I need to know if it's really worth the price difference to go from stocks to 35s.... Can someone out there shoot a few shots of a stock leveled h3 next to a leveled h3 with 35s? I'm really chewing this one over.

Also, does anyone know of a site that sells used tires that I could buy these from?

Old 08-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Old 08-07-2010, 11:04 AM

The 32" to 33" upgrade is a good value compromise and is worth it. If you've got some miles on your truck, going up to 35" should really include a front and rear shock upgrade as well.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:41 PM

What is a good road tire?? I doubt we will be going off road. Just towing.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jgrden
What is a good road tire?? I doubt we will be going off road. Just towing.
Michelin and Goodyear have been my favorites for quite a while. If you go with an all-season tire instead of an on-off road tire from one of these brands, your H3 will likely ride more like an Escalade!

I've used and really liked the following on our previous GMC Envoy: Michelin OEM LTX, Goodyear Fortera, and Goodyear Wrangler. Michelin even makes "green" light truck tires now so there may even be additional fuel savings possible beyond what you can expect from going all-season instead of on-off road.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Banned

32" tires really aren't that small; jeeper's put 32's on as an aftermarket upgrade; they cant fit 35's without a lift. Also, new FX4 F150 offroad-package pickups come with like 28" or 30" tires; if this helps put things into perspective.

But honestly, I'd go with 33's. They are a perfect mix between "go-anywhere" and "good street manners". 35's are more of a "go-ANYWHERE".. but will yield more noise and less mpg.

BUT, as seen above, the 35's over stock 32's make a HUGE lift difference. Which means no bottoming out, no high-centering, climbing a higher step, etc.

Old 08-08-2010, 04:43 PM

i have 35in goodyear duratracs and i barely get any road noise, if you are planing on offroading more then get 35s if it is a once every month or so thing then get 32s or 33s, but I HIGHLY recommend duratracs. i would post a pic of mine next to a stock hummer but there are no other h3's in DE.... just jeeps

Old 08-08-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by NJTEX
Michelin and Goodyear have been my favorites for quite a while. If you go with an all-season tire instead of an on-off road tire from one of these brands, your H3 will likely ride more like an Escalade!

I've used and really liked the following on our previous GMC Envoy: Michelin OEM LTX, Goodyear Fortera, and Goodyear Wrangler. Michelin even makes "green" light truck tires now so there may even be additional fuel savings possible beyond what you can expect from going all-season instead of on-off road.
Michelin tires are one of my favorites. I need to look them up to see how they would look.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Surfincoastie
i have 35in goodyear duratracs and i barely get any road noise, if you are planing on offroading more then get 35s if it is a once every month or so thing then get 32s or 33s, but I HIGHLY recommend duratracs. i would post a pic of mine next to a stock hummer but there are no other h3's in DE.... just jeeps
Barely any roadnoise with 35's? Interesting. What did your mileage highway/city go to when going with 35's? Thats pretty much the breaking point for me; there is zero mileage differences between 32's/33's (duratracs anyhow), but I've heard of insane mileage drops with 35's.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:13 PM

the only noise i get is a slight hum when i reach 55 and it goes away when i pass 60mph, the reason why duratracs dont have road noise is because of the gaps between the treads, it is not as wide as other offroad tires and also there are no parts of the tread that are uneven like swampers and other mudders, and gas mileage wasnt bad at all man, i was getting 18 highway on my trip from IN to DE, city i get about 14

Last edited by Surfincoastie; 08-08-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Quick Reply: 32" vs 35"