PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Tornados spotted in my town today, wish me luck!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default 3 Tornados spotted in my town today, wish me luck!

I give it 3 months before we move because my wife absolutely hates the weather and storms. One was spotted 2 miles away within the last hour

I live in Plainfield, IL, which most people consider the central spot of "TornadoAlley" ANDthe site of that huge1990 tornado that was one of the biggest ever recorded in U.S. history, yes, I live right on a spot where it hit also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plainfield_Tornado

29 people died I believe, so my wife is paranoid it will hit us.Do any of you remember that? It made national news back then. I keep telling her the chance of a tornado hitting the same spot twice is probably less then getting hit by a bolt of lightning, but we'll see. She's not to happy right now, so I'm on my way home.

3 Months I tell you, and we'll be selling that house and moving back into Chicago lol. Let's see how long that takes lol. I know it's nothing to laugh about, but I tell her when our weather radio alarm starts going off with a Tornado Warning message, THEN go in our shelter, and yes sir/mam, I built one, complete with a steel I-beam holding up the house, 2 outside concrete walls, etc.

Hope to see you all tomorrow. I'll say hi to the the Wizard and Dorothy for you all

Old 04-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Default RE: 3 Tornados spotted in my town today, wish me luck!

Spotted a small one about 1.5 miles away from my house last summer, missed both my house as well as a buddy of mines 3 miles away ..passed more or less right in between us ... been through one, an F4 about 7-8 years ago .. missed us luckily ... Good luck .. say hi to that b*tch Dorothy for me .. LOL!

Old 04-26-2007, 08:49 PM

Tell me about it. I grew up in Eastern NC and we had tornados and hurricanes all the time. Had a tornado go right over my house once. Dropped a tree on my car, which was a good thing because I actually hated that car.... freekin terd on wheels, but it was still pretty scary.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:52 PM

It's heading my way right now[:@]

Old 04-26-2007, 09:20 PM

wow, i guess the earthquakes aren't so bad. we don't get much shakin' this far inland, but at least we don't have any warning and have to worry about it. good luck Mary [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-26-2007, 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

It's heading my way right now[:@]
Take cover and take care......

Old 04-26-2007, 11:19 PM

F5 +
Not that I want to upscale anybody in these regards..But May 3rd 1999 had the most powerful tornado ever recorded on earth, whichslipped a mere 3/4 of a mile behind my house as I watched it destroy everything in it's path...Totally awesome in a numbing, paralizing sense!!..Freight train my ***..it sounded like every jet engine in the world, all revved up at once..

We are trying to collect what we believe is very valuable scientific data," he says. "So there's real motivation to stick with it and collect that data." At one point, he and his crew measured wind speeds exceeding 300 miles per hour, the highest ever recorded.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:31 PM

Gosh darn... We experienced a minor tornado in northern Alberta, but other than that nothing in my region. There was 1 in Edmonton that was pretty nasty but I can't really determine how bad it was.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:35 PM

One thing..There ain't no such thing as a mild tornado..them suckers can do a whole lot of damage in an instant...

Hope you guys in Ill and PA and all parts in between, are spared any problems from this storm...I feel your anxiety...

Old 04-27-2007, 12:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Choco

Gosh darn... We experienced a minor tornado in northern Alberta, but other than that nothing in my region. There was 1 in Edmonton that was pretty nasty but I can't really determine how bad it was.
Yeah that was In 87... I was less than a 1/4 Mile away from that F4 Sucker!!! Here's the Info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonton_Tornado

Quick Reply: 3 Tornados spotted in my town today, wish me luck!