PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 months in... ready for Hatteras

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 09:24 AM

Where did you get the rod rack from? I am going to need to get one before I go to OBX in Aug since I just got my H3. Plus how much did that cost?

Old 06-04-2010, 08:25 PM

I was at Hatteras last week. It was super crowded on the beach at all of the beach ramps, especially at the Light House. It was a good time, just no where to hardly park. You'll have a great time. Like the other post, if you haven't been to the Corolla area, head north on HWY 12 through Currituck County till the road ends and keep going. The Carova Beach area to me is a little more relaxed.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Default Hatteras take 2- May 2010

Originally Posted by Paul'sH3
Where did you get the rod rack from? I am going to need to get one before I go to OBX in Aug since I just got my H3. Plus how much did that cost?
All I did was take some 2" pvc and fasten them using u-bolts to my hitch mount cargo carrier (can't remember what kind it is but it came with turn signal/brake lights). Ended up adding two more rod holders this year and used longer pipe to fit the 10'-12' rods. Also added White Knight hitch lights onto the carrier for baiting up at night and rewired the 4 wire stock plug to a 7 pin to utilize the constant 12v the H3 has at the hitch to run the new lights.. too bad the stinkin' bird lovers have the beach shutdown from 10pm-6am everyday now. Just got back an hour ago, got 14.5 mpg over the 1250 mile trip and never had to use the wipers once! perfect weather and cant wait to be back down there over Labor Day again!

Here's another pic of the new upgrades.

Attached Thumbnails 3 months in... ready for Hatteras-dsc08221.jpg   3 months in... ready for Hatteras-dsc08206.jpg   3 months in... ready for Hatteras-dsc08205.jpg  
Old 06-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Default Wish I could take the H3

We OBX everyyear in the Salvo/Rodnathe area and did a couple years up in corova beach including staying at the 4WD only houses 7 miles from the end of the blacktop (orange Moon is the name of the house)...horses and quail right in the yard and beach to yourself all day long, loved it for the most part til we needed to go to town to get supplies. We were running a 4runner then though, it was pre-Hummer years.

I WOULD LOVE to take the H3 to the OBX as I surf fish alot and let's face it, with the sunroof open and Monsoon cranking....it is just good living....however with 3 kids, the Mrs, and ALL THE STUFF, the 12 hour drive from PA would just be too cramped and stuffed full so we always end up taking the Sliverada Crew cab. Every year we say, just take sandals, the surf fishing gear and some swimsuits....every year we fill the bed with baggage???

BTW, we will be in Rodnathe from 8/13-8/20 with about 18 of our closest friends and family....which tends to make me surf fish ALOT to get away from the house and relax with a sunrise and have some time with God...anyone that will be down there then HOLLAR, would love to have a fishing buddy as not many get up before 8Am at the house...nothing like cracking a chilly or sipping OJ with SC as the sun first shoots up over the ocean and that first nibble of the day starts...right there you know, your going to have a good day .

Last edited by H3inPA; 06-23-2010 at 09:51 AM.