PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 hummer h2 ac fan fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 09:23 PM
Default 2008 hummer h2 ac fan fix

Ok guys,

My ac fan was oscillating from high to low and then puff air hard then stall etc. so i just took the part numbers of the resister and went online and found it quickly as it is a general gm resister used in Tahoes and Cadillac escalades. the same was true for the ac blower motor. if u try and search for hummer parts, GOOD FLIPPIN LUCK! come to find out most everything on the h2 is a general gm truck part thank god! I jus don't know why they don't continue to list these parts as compatible with the h2's

the fix for the ac fan is so simple and inexpensive it makes me puke when i found out what the dealer wanted for the fix. first you can go online and search for Tahoe or Cadillac escalade ac blower unit for 2008. buy the blower for around $40 and while ur at it you should replace the resister as well which cost around $30.

now under the glove box remove three screws from the blower / resister shroud. right there in front of u is the resister and to the right is the blower. unplug both and remove both. simple reinstall and replug in the new blower and resister and you are good to go. it is less than five min job. jus remember the hummer h2 uses the gm equipment from the Tahoe and or the escalade just pick the appropriate year. I found the resister and blower both brand new on ebay.

hope this will clear up any confusion and put minds at ease.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Deerhunter56
Ok guys,

My ac fan was oscillating from high to low and then puff air hard then stall etc. so i just took the part numbers of the resister and went online and found it quickly as it is a general gm resister used in Tahoes and Cadillac escalades. the same was true for the ac blower motor. if u try and search for hummer parts, GOOD FLIPPIN LUCK! come to find out most everything on the h2 is a general gm truck part thank god! I jus don't know why they don't continue to list these parts as compatible with the h2's

the fix for the ac fan is so simple and inexpensive it makes me puke when i found out what the dealer wanted for the fix. first you can go online and search for Tahoe or Cadillac escalade ac blower unit for 2008. buy the blower for around $40 and while ur at it you should replace the resister as well which cost around $30.

now under the glove box remove three screws from the blower / resister shroud. right there in front of u is the resister and to the right is the blower. unplug both and remove both. simple reinstall and replug in the new blower and resister and you are good to go. it is less than five min job. jus remember the hummer h2 uses the gm equipment from the Tahoe and or the escalade just pick the appropriate year. I found the resister and blower both brand new on ebay.

hope this will clear up any confusion and put minds at ease.

Sweet...thanks for the info!

I remember my 1st 08' H2...had an issue with the actuator...causing one side to be hotter than the other side...but that was fixed under factory warranty...now my current 08 does have extended warranty...but I always dread taking my truck into the dealer because it's always "something else that they find" that needs "fixing or replacing". ...or it's minor paint or door damage caused by the porters / drivers who don't give any attention or appreciation for other people's vehicles.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:31 PM

So how much did the dealer want?

Old 06-07-2013, 07:41 AM

Just over $300 and a half a day. I replaced the driver side and passenger side mirror motors myself for $120, the dealer wanted over $400 to fix those.