PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2008 Hummer h2 with 204,000miles. Can you beat that?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Default 2008 Hummer h2 with 204,000miles. Can you beat that?

At 204k I start to have minor problems with my truck lately (electrical and mechanical). I am debating weather I should go for diesel conversion. My buddy will do it for 30K (parts and labor). Any advice?

I also want to claim the Title for most mile on 2008 hummer h2 . Any contestants?

Attached Thumbnails 2008 Hummer h2 with 204,000miles. Can you beat that?-cimg7196.jpg  
Old 03-10-2014, 03:46 PM

I think I saw someone on another forum say he had 300k on his. (might be wrong though)
Personally, I figure if you love the Rig, then really as long as the body and frame components are ok... you will probably only have to repair the wearables.
And if your engine is kaput, then I would say go for D-max, but personally I wouldnt get one just to get one - there would have to be a big reason (like a dead engine)

Old 03-10-2014, 09:50 PM

I was proud of my 03' just hitting 165k lol

Old 03-10-2014, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Notsurewhatusernameyet
I think I saw someone on another forum say he had 300k on his. (might be wrong though)
Personally, I figure if you love the Rig, then really as long as the body and frame components are ok... you will probably only have to repair the wearables.
And if your engine is kaput, then I would say go for D-max, but personally I wouldnt get one just to get one - there would have to be a big reason (like a dead engine)

Exterior, Interior, and Frame is in excellent condition. I do a lot of long drive, so dependability is my priority.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:36 AM

That is about the same cost as a conversion from mashmotors... they have done over 100... I personally would use a shop that could have it in and out in a few weeks with no problems, and that had a successful track record with proven vehicles on the road. Mike Mash did my cobversion and I am still problem free 50k miles later.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:26 AM

buy-hummer,
I agree with H2duramax.
You see Predator and Mash do them all day long for 30k with the engine/trannies and goodies. So thats not much of a bargain.

As for the dependability.... is the engine dying? Again if the engine is dying thats one thing, but if dependability is based on a 100 dollar water pump or a set of fuel injectors for 200 bucks..... it isnt enough for me to say hey lets trash this and go with a 30k diesel swap.
Of course, if you have 30k burning a hole in your pocket......

Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 AM

IMHO I would rebuild the engine. It would be done for under a few $k where as what would all the benefits be for the 30k? But there are a lot of diesel power fans today. They are a lot different from when they were putting them in car in the 80's

Old 03-11-2014, 10:26 AM

Thanks H2duramax. I will look into mashmotors. The price is reasonable. I thought it will cost somewhere around 40s.

My buddy did couple diesel conversions already. Everything seems fine. Anyhow, I agree reputation is the key.

Notsurewhatusernameyet,
its all minor problems. water pump, throttle body unit, and some electrical issue. I guess the diesel conversion is just an excuse for upgrade

Old 03-11-2014, 02:42 PM

buy-hummer,
Hey if I could give myself a sound reason to do the conversion, I would. Just with little things that amount to maybe at worst 500 bucks in repir and your time.... welll its kinda hard to see it.

But after I explode the engine and start looking at a crate 500 ci motor and install for probably 15k and I can get a diesel for a little more than that, well I will be going diesel.

The benefits. Better gas mileage, EASY to make power and LOTS of torque. And lets face it with the weight of these beasts you need all the torque you can get.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:56 PM

The base price for the duramax conversion from mashmotors is just over $30k, from there the price goes up with what you do beyond that. You can upgrade the allison, beef up the front suspension, add efi live or a ppe programer, big brake kit... it goes on and on. You can have it built to your individual specifications... how far you go and what you spend is up to you. I recommend you call Mike at mashmotors and tell him what your looking to do, tell him John from Texas with the ultramarine h2 sent you his way... he's a good guy, very fair and the customer service is top notch.

I spoke with predator several times and it always seemed I was just talking to a salesman... that wasn't the case with mashmotors, there you talk to the guy that is going to do the work the guy turning the wrench.

Quick Reply: 2008 Hummer h2 with 204,000miles. Can you beat that?