PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Backup Camera

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Default RE: 2008 Backup Camera

ORIGINAL: seafire1

Littlehummerboy,
I've added a rear camera to my factory 2007 H3 factory NAV.
Can you tell me what you purchased. I need to have a camera installed. Had a minor fender bender.

Thanks
Pam
i hope u didnt hurt the X to much

Old 07-30-2007, 07:58 PM

Kild1,

Nah..but you should have seen the other car!!! DO you know of a camera that works with stock nav system???

Old 07-30-2007, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: seafire1

Kild1,

Nah..but you should have seen the other car!!! DO you know of a camera that works with stock nav system???
not me .. i didnt want the stock nav
sry
i dont have a camera either

Old 07-31-2007, 06:55 AM

The option for the rearview for 2008 is $850 and the code for it is UVC.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:20 AM

I bought that little wireless camera system from Target (Walmart's got'em too) for under a hundred bucks. Works great. I mounted mine on my visor, hid the wire under the rubber boot that goes up the front left pillar. Wired it into my hitch harness, took an hour tops. WORKS GREAT, I have mine wired to my backup lights so the camera only works in reverse. That's all I need it for and it works perfectly. I live in Dallas and was worried about possible interference but other than the occasional microblip the picture is in color and is rock solid.

Best 100 bucks I've spent on my H3 with the exception of the PCMforless tweak...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:28 AM

Here's my 2 cents about cameras.

The visability out the rear window sucks all the time, not just when you're backing up!!

I would want a full time camera to see what's behind me. I would want it to be mounted higher up near the center brake light. When it's mounted at the license plate all you can see is the car or objects immediately behind you. Mounted up higher you should be able to see other cars behind you as well.

Make sense?

Old 07-31-2007, 09:08 AM

The only trouble I have is when I go to my girlfriend's house.
There is a little boy that lives next door and I worry that he might be behind me when I'm backing into the driveway.
I'm sure when the weather gets bad, backing up is going to be worse since the rear wiper only cleans a small portion of the window.

I would like to have a camera.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: pool_shark

The only trouble I have is when I go to my girlfriend's house.
There is a little boy that lives next door and I worry that he might be behind me when I'm backing into the driveway.
I'm sure when the weather gets bad, backing up is going to be worse since the rear wiper only cleans a small portion of the window.
Yup, rear visability sucks big time! With the headrests, spare tire holder and small wipers, seeing out the back window is tough.

I'll probably do the full time camera mounted high. Any good ideas where to mount the monitor??

Old 07-31-2007, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: D VADER

Yup, rear visability sucks big time! With the headrests, spare tire holder and small wipers, seeing out the back window is tough.

I'll probably do the full time camera mounted high. Any good ideas where to mount the monitor??
I assume that would depend on the camera. For those without the navigation system it might be more difficult to have a good location. I would think the only place for it would be on top of the dash, if it's small enough. In an above post Hummerguy says he mounted his on the visor, I think it's worth looking into.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: pool_shark

ORIGINAL: D VADER

I assume that would depend on the camera. For those without the navigation system it might be more difficult to have a good location. I would think the only place for it would be on top of the dash, if it's small enough. In an above post Hummerguy says he mounted his on the visor, I think it's worth looking into.
Assuming its the visor, if its the backside the visor would be in your face. Frontside would be awkward to look up at IMO. I wonder about the windshield column near the dash? I need to look that over.

Ever see those remote controlled cameras in the NASCAR cars? They can tilt and swivel. That'd be cool.

Quick Reply: 2008 Backup Camera