PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 H3 Battery Drain

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 05:21 AM
Default 2007 H3 Battery Drain

The dealership has misdiagnosed the vehicle three times, charging me and never solving the issue. They thought it was the battery, and then they thought it was aftermarket radio, and then they thought it was the computer module. They claimed the computer module was looking for the original factory radio, so I put back the factory radio. And still getting battery drain. Anyone has any clues?

Old 01-03-2016, 11:47 AM

You need to start pulling fuses and putting a multi-tester in their place, to narrow down which circuit is using the current. Not to mention demanding at least a partial refund from the dealer since they have yet to solve the problem.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:13 PM

meter in series with batt cable shows total drain and changes as you pull fuses without messing with meter in fuse sockets. will show same thing with less messing!

Old 01-04-2016, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
meter in series with batt cable shows total drain and changes as you pull fuses without messing with meter in fuse sockets. will show same thing with less messing!
True that.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by omedus
The dealership has misdiagnosed the vehicle three times, charging me and never solving the issue. They thought it was the battery, and then they thought it was aftermarket radio, and then they thought it was the computer module. They claimed the computer module was looking for the original factory radio, so I put back the factory radio. And still getting battery drain. Anyone has any clues?
Does your H3 still have the factory piece of crap battery terminal connectors??? If it does, search out the bazillion threads on why you should replace the OEM POS terminal connectors with a quality aftermarket set, like Stingers or your favorite brand. Poor connections at the battery mimic many other problems that dealer pinheads are likely to chase instead of correcting it at the source.

That won't cure an actual drain on the system, but it will cure any other potential problems arising from poor connections to the battery, like brain farts, no starts, failure of the auto door locks & driver window, and failure/inconsistent charge to the battery while running, etc...

Old 01-06-2016, 07:13 AM

I believe it still has the factory terminals
I will double check on that, they still have my vehicle while they do 'further tests' thank God they gave me a loaner car.

I will definitely change those- thanks.

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Does your H3 still have the factory piece of crap battery terminal connectors??? If it does, search out the bazillion threads on why you should replace the OEM POS terminal connectors with a quality aftermarket set, like Stingers or your favorite brand. Poor connections at the battery mimic many other problems that dealer pinheads are likely to chase instead of correcting it at the source.

That won't cure an actual drain on the system, but it will cure any other potential problems arising from poor connections to the battery, like brain farts, no starts, failure of the auto door locks & driver window, and failure/inconsistent charge to the battery while running, etc...