PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 H3 heater temperature control problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 04:43 PM
Default 2006 H3 heater temperature control problem

A few months ago, my heat and cool control started a clicking at the full cool and full heat settings. Last Saturday, for some reason, the battery died. After charging, the control stopped responding and clicking continuously no matter what the setting. And none of the other controls worked either. When I figured out which module was clicking, I unplugged it. At that point all of the other controls responded normally.
The sound is like a cam is stuck and just keeps slipping. For peace of mind, it was driving me nuts.
Any ideas? As a mention, my radiator started leaking from around the whole top. It was either faulty, or the there was too much pressure. It was a faulty radiator cap, no more leak.

Old 01-31-2018, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

I MOVED this for you to the correct place for H3 questions..... to the H3 section.

Where you originally posted... the HF Help & Suggestion Center, like it says at the top, "Do NOT post vehicle questions in this section" is because it is for asking questions on how to use the forum features, like how to post a pic. Got nothing to do with vehicles.

Anyways, have you had the HVAC recall performed on your truck?

A while back I remember some guy had a similar problem, where one of the encoder motors for HVAC had rotated past its intended limit. He took it apart switched the gear back to the range it was supposed to be in, put it back together and it worked fine? Probably easier to just replace the bad encoder?