PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 6 Disc Monsoon System - I need Auxillary Solution

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Default 2006 6 Disc Monsoon System - I need Auxillary Solution

I used the search feature, and I am still confused on this issue. Is there a solution that provides an auxillary input connector for the H3 Monsoon factory stereo?

My 2006 H3 has the 6 disc Monsoon sound system. It appears, because it is a monsoon system, I am unable to get an auxillary input adapter for my MP3 player?

I called PAC (Pacific Accessory Corporation), and they said their products do not inteface with the Monsoon system in the H3 Hummers? The said the only product that MIGHT work is the Tranzil which is a universal FM modulated peice that goes inline with my FM antennae? When I hear FM modulated I translate that to read "subpar quality".

Can someone who has a Monsoon stereo system tell me how they were able to get an auxillary input connection? What part(s) were required, and the vendor/partnumbers?

I would be very grateful for your help!

Old 07-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Banned
Default no promisses, but

i am looking,,it dont look ez

later

tom

Last edited by drtom; 07-16-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:55 PM

I have a Monsoon, and am using an inline FM modulator for my mp3 player, with great results. Don't confuse the FM modulators that transmit sound via the airwaves with the antenna inline version. I get perfect, zero distortion sound quality. I have the Audiovox version in my '86 'Vette, and the Metra version in my H3, and both work perfectly. Average price, between $50 & $75

Old 07-16-2010, 05:59 PM

Thanks,

I did not know about that. I was told if I did the FM modulation solution I would have to have a toggle switch to bypass the FM? Does that sound familiar to you?

Old 07-16-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by HummerDriver
Thanks,

I did not know about that. I was told if I did the FM modulation solution I would have to have a toggle switch to bypass the FM? Does that sound familiar to you?
You have to tune your radio to a station designated by the modulator manufacturer (it's always an unused station). One of my modulators requires me to flip a toggle switch which powers up the modulator, and overrides the radio. My other one 'senses' audio input (from your mp3), and automatically switches from radio to modulator (if no sound input to the modulator for 15 sec., it automatically switches back to radio).

Old 07-17-2010, 02:47 PM

I think I like the idea of having a switch. Is it the metra that has the switch toggle?

http://www.metraonline.com/products.aspx

Old 07-17-2010, 02:51 PM

I guess metra is the brand.

Where did you buy yours?

Old 07-17-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by HummerDriver
I guess metra is the brand.

Where did you buy yours?
The Audiovox has the switch (that's the way to go). Here's a link I found that has the model I bought from Circuit City (when they were still in business) http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-FM100...9397576&sr=8-1

Old 07-17-2010, 03:26 PM

Excellent!

Thank you very much!

Old 07-17-2010, 03:46 PM

Check this link out below. It intergrates with the factory radio and lets you use you mp3 or whatever. You dont lose any factory controls and better yet no station to tune to. I have one in my H3 and it works and sounds creat with my MP3..

http://www.pac-audio.com/productSear...2006&YearId=17

Quick Reply: 2006 6 Disc Monsoon System - I need Auxillary Solution