PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 H2 Transfer case

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Default 2003 H2 Transfer case

I am looking for sound advice here from some intelligent fellas that know what they are doing. I was pulling out of my drive way aggitated tonight and I hit my brakes and put it in drive at the same time it evidently was moving forward but I am also on a hill after sitting half in the middle of the intersection for an hour I and reading the owners manual I figured out my problem /dilemma. Somehow my inside my transfer case it popped itself out of gear and into neutral and I can change it to 4hi 4low 4low and lock the read and back into 4wd. When I go to put it in park it sounds like putting a vehicle in park while its in gear. I can see where the sounds is coming from I had to pay a tow truck driver $90 to move it 1 house lol. Anyhow has anyone had a past history with this problem and is it an easy fix for knowing the basics in mechanics. It will be a friend helping out that is a mechanic really I just know the basics but not with 4wd. I need some advice i feel like my life is falling apart. Quick run down I had a Nissan Titan The left side of the rear wasnt put in right by the auto shop that did it and caused me to have an accident and same day grandfather dies and a few days later I get the insurance check for the truck and had to wait another 3 days for it to clear I found the hummer I checked it out 03 70k mil,es from FL no rust garage kept beautiful. Drives like a dream. The day I got it I wake up to a phone call that my best friend was murdered and I drive to NJ spend the week there with his sisters and mom and come home to Maryland/PA on the line. Anyhow I go tonight after not driving yesterday and relaxing and now this happens. I am not suicidal but all this bad stuff happening is making me think I have something to do with it all.Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW I know it is stuck in neutral because it rolls in every gear unless I blew a whole transfer case or something. Respectfully, Awakened

Old 04-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Banned
Default stop,relax

just relax, its a bunch of stuff coming together at the same time. when im not sure what to do,i relax,and do NOTHING for a while,step back. its natural to be troubled with a new ,broken toy. weve all been there. dont make it worse. write on a piece of paper everything you are thinking about, about 5 sheets,get it all. read it next week. the truck is not the important thing right now.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:16 AM

Right now the truck is the important thing. I need it to get to work. I am a single father i need tro get my kids to and from school. I take care of my father who lives an hour away and I gotta make sure he is eating and bathing and taking his medicine and I also not only pay 3800 a month of my own bills mortgage gas and electric and credit cards. i also pay half of his bills which is another 1200 a month. I have my own company and am getting by but I need this fixed yesterday. If it is stuck in neutral I have to figure out how to drop the transmission plan and get this truck moving again. the transfer case is stuck in neutral and thats all I know. I need to know how to get it apart and get it out of neutral.Respectfully Wake. I do have second vehicle but the reverse gear is blown in that.