PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 H2 "Service brake system" with ABS and traction control dash lights.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Arrow 2003 H2 "Service brake system" with ABS and traction control dash lights.

So randomly my H2 just decides to throw this array of lights up. I've searched and found a few threads from 8 years ago that give some information but very inconsistent with how they fixed the issue if they ever did.

Sometimes the lights won't come on until I've been driving for a couple of hours, and sometimes they pop up when I start the engine. Sometimes they go away if I just turn the car off then back on and other times I just can't get rid of them no matter what I do.

Now I do have a coupe of other issues with no readings off my oil pressure and voltage meter, plus my fuel sending unit appears to be off by quite a bit at times. (It's all over the place really) So I know there are some intermittent electrical issues that plague me here I need to track down.

More to add; I have pulled the "ABS" codes my personal reader couldn't find.

C0550 and C0896

So with what I have read so far my issue is either the TCCM or the ABS control module but I'm guessing someone here has gone through these same issues before.

Attached Thumbnails 2003 H2 "Service brake system" with ABS and traction control dash lights.-photo.jpg   2003 H2 "Service brake system" with ABS and traction control dash lights.-photob.jpg   2003 H2 "Service brake system" with ABS and traction control dash lights.-photoc.jpg  

Last edited by hollywood_x; 10-08-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:07 PM

Bump!

Old 10-01-2011, 04:48 PM

Have you checked your battery?

Some cars give all kinds of weird signs when the battery is getting weak

Old 10-01-2011, 05:35 PM

Yeah the battery is new and strong

Old 10-02-2011, 04:47 PM

I almost guarantee the volts Gage & gas Gage are the same problem....your gauge cluster needs to be repIred...commen GM issue. if just the gas Gage die think it was your sending unit but both....plus other guage issues...

Old 10-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Default check your system grounds

check your grounds.. maKe sure your terminals are tight at the battery

Originally Posted by Caraddict
I almost guarantee the volts Gage & gas Gage are the same problem....your gauge cluster needs to be repIred...commen GM issue. if just the gas Gage die think it was your sending unit but both....plus other guage issues...

Old 10-08-2011, 10:48 AM

BUMP new info added to first post

Old 09-19-2013, 11:49 PM
Default Question regarding this issue,

I am also getting this same issue the ABS and TC lights are both stuck on.. However there is also one other issue and I believe it may be the cluster but am looking for advice. My SpeedOdemeter has been acting retarded, it will stick at certain speeds and then I have to literally disconnect the battery for a day or two for it to reset. And for instance if it sticks at 20MPH and I start driving then after it may stick at 40mph... Could this issue possibly be a bad Guage Cluster and should I simply order a new cluster???

Old 09-21-2013, 11:28 AM

The Cluster is a common issue. If you have a variety of different problems all related to the gauges and lights coming on , odds are that it is the cluster.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Unhappy Fuse issue maybe

Try replaceing the fuse in engine compartment, their is a fuse called "Ign" next to the "radio" you may have a poor connection/bad fuse since you said it was an intermitin issue!!

Quick Reply: 2003 H2 "Service brake system" with ABS and traction control dash lights.