PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2 fold question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 07:23 PM
Default 2 fold question

Guys, new to the site I have started my reading and didnt see an answer. First is I'm trying to find old service records through GM or Hummer. I know that Hummer is no longer in business but thought maybe GM would have something online. Nothing-my other vehicles that I have bought used I've been able to pull up the old service records. Is there a site for me to go into, enter my vin and get the service records?

Next question. The reason I asked the first is I would like to change my trans fluid and filter. My 03 H2 has 130k on it and I dont know if it's ever been changed, hence the service records portion. I was told by 2 different mechanics today that if I don't know the trans service history leave it alone. I added the external aftermarket cooler and bypassed the radiator. I have a very slight shudder going into 3rd and hoped a good service would maybe help this to improve. I kmow a flush is a big no-no but would like to hear from others on their experience with this sort of thing. Leave it alone or change filter and exchange fluid? ANY guidance with either question is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mitch

Old 04-14-2015, 07:28 AM

I'm the kinda guy that likes doing everything myself on the cheap. However when it comes to transmission problems in the h2, I take it to a shop. Already replaced my tranny once and it's not something you want to experience

Old 04-14-2015, 07:46 AM

I would pull the pan and inspect it for metal debris, replace the filter and refill the tranny. You will not hurt it by doing that.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:24 AM

For sure it doesn't hurt at all to change your transmission fluid and filter. And the same time you can inspect your oil pan for some potential metal chips or parts in it to be sure that everything is okay with your transmission. You can do it as a maintenance and it's not big money to spend to do it.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:56 AM

Thanks guys, Does anyone know of a source to find out the history. Carfax does not give but inspections and such. I was hoping to find service history through GM.

Looking to the day where I get some more Hummer experience so that I can help others out. The last site I was on was like pulling teeth to get help, a Toyota Sequoia site.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:33 PM

Not sure about a service history through GM. Carfax would be the best bet but you'd have to pay for the comprehensive report. The free reports show nothing worthwhile.

Also, if the previous owner/owners had work done at various shops, those shops may not report the work done. Not all shops do.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:40 AM

ABSOLUTELY! Go to Hummer.com, click on GM Owner Center. Log in or sign up. Even before doing so, you will notice, "Learn About My Vehicle," as well as, "Service History." When you sign up, have your vin ready. You will also be able to see what parts of your warranty are still active. Some don't know that some things like the catalytic converter is covered way beyond the power-train or bumper to bumper coverage.