PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 batteries 1 year

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Default 2 batteries 1 year

So I had my HUMMER for one year yesterday i still cant believe it, but anyway earlier this yearin the summer i was on vacation at the lake (had the HUMMER for about 1/2 a year then)i went out to start the Hummer so we could go get groceries for the rest of the time we were down there, & the battery is dead. So then i call HUMMER of Knoxville[:@]and they said to bring it down there when we get it started, so we had a battery charger down there for the boat & got it started & drove to Knoxville. they said it was a defective battery that had been put on the early 2007 H3s & they would fix itunder warranty & everything was good. So yesterday i went out to start the HUMMER & the battery was dead again[:@][:@][:@][:@]so we jump started it and went to gen something to eat. So i dont know what its going to do today but if it dont start i guess were going to Knoxville again & if those a$$holes gave me another bad battery there going to hear about it!!!!!!!! Is anyone else having battery problems with their H3s?????

Old 12-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Default RE: 2 batteries 1 year

Yeah, there are many of us that had defective batteries. Mine has been done once already.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:47 PM

I had a bad battery on day 1, they immediately replaced it. No issues since then in seven months/16,000 miles. [/align]

Old 12-27-2007, 12:55 PM

I haven't seen any posts lately. (Just the Diming Headlights when hiting the brakes syndrom). I would find out who makes the Battery so you don't buy that brand in the future. Seems to me the Battery is of poor quality, or you have an underlying problem causing the Battery to go bad. Have the Dealer check or replace the Alternator and or the relays in the charging systemas well if they are cooperative about it. A piece of advice if they say they found some bad parts and even the battery, tell them you want tophysically see the bad parts, do this before you pay or sign to make sure they actually replace parts. Keeps them honest. Also see if there is a GM dealer closer and call them to see if they can give you a new battery if the Hummer Dealer is a trek to get too.

Oh well my bust, i am still a newbee in here.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:58 PM

yeah i can see a bad battery once, but when they tell you its fixed & just guve you another one that does the same thing[:@][:@][:@][:@]I already had problems with HUMMER of Knoxville when i was trying to buy a HUMMER https://www.hummerforums.com/m_68115/tm.htm

Old 12-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

No battery issues yet in the first 5K.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:09 PM

See if you can get a voucher and go to a SEARS? I never tried that, well because one I have not been home long enough to have this problem, yet. It's worth a shot.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:26 PM

Bought my '07 in October of 2006. Now have about 14K miles on it and (fingers crossed) no battery issues yet.

Jeff

Old 12-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Parts is parts, there are bad ones. I once went thru 3 HD alternators in about 16 months, but that last one made it over 150k. Go figure?
Chances of getting two bad ones back to back is slim, but it does happen.

Conversly, I got a 37 year old never rebuilt alternator on an Olds, and it's still workin?

Old 12-27-2007, 02:13 PM

Have had my H3 for 3 1/2 months now and had to have the hood replaced because of anobvious battery explosion. the dealer said that they do not see where a battery has been changed or replaced on that unit. Could have happed at factory and not noted or at dealer?
never the less one did blow and put acid all over under the hood. dealer said if any problems they will cover any future problems no mater what.so i think that there are issues with these units.

Quick Reply: 2 batteries 1 year