PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 h3 monsoon overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Default 07 h3 monsoon overhaul

hi all .. first post ... been reading, lots of useful info thanks!

im going to upgrade the garbage monsoon in my 07 h3 ...

i'll give as many fotos and info as i can along the way (stuff should be here in about a week .... jl amps and sub, cdt and image dynamic components, avhp5200bt)

i'll be doing brake bypass, i'll add pics of that too (either showing how to do it or asking for help what i am doing wrong, lol)

hopefully it will be a nice documentation of the new stereo install showing some of the questions anyone doing similar install would come across ... i'll have to identify all the wires so i'll make a chart and pics so others can reference it later

first thing i notice, and i'll post with pics once i get the stuff ... ive read the doors have 3 torx/star screws under a flap behind the door handle.. hrm, i only see 1 ... i think its a #30 torx, under a plastic round cover, behind the inner door handle.

anyways ill share what i find and try to mooch information from those who already know more than me

great forum and, ... i love my g#D d!#$ hummer!

Old 07-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Default removing door panel 07 h3

woohoo im getting started ... i was little apprehensive but now im excited!! got a door off and got pics of all of it ...

... removed the "made in mexico" premium monsoon speaker ...

i'll let the pictures do the talking, but one thing i read is that there are "3 screws behind a flap" ... for me, on the 07 h3 there was 1 size 30 torx behind a plastic circular thing that popped off easily with ... do you call it a jewelers screwdriver? the small one, flathead .. then the other two size 30 torx were on the door "handle" (i would have never known that wasnt one piece, but carefully with the same small flathead, and medium flathead, it came right out and there were the other 2 size 30 torx/star screws. i had already ran some tools covered with electrical tape (no scratchy!) and popped the thingees (what are those called?) ... disconnect door stuff and jackpot! door off! ... then removed the factory foam which is just held on by a thin bead of glue that comes off very much intact.

shutting up and giving the pics. hope this helps someone, i wouldnt have minded to see it! i'll keep posting as i go

allright let me figure out where i will upload these images then i will post them. im not an expert but i know a lot more now than i did an hour ago, so any questions im happy to give it a shot.

i cant WAIT to get this rockin!!!!

Old 07-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Default pics of rear door removal on 07h3

http://picasaweb.google.com/10817553...earDoorRemoval

lmk if u cant see...

next i will re-attach power window to see how much space it takes in the huge door panel (i want to know how much space i can use for sound dampening/turning the panel into a speaker enclosure)

Old 07-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Thumbs up vibration dampening/sound deadening ... sounddeadenershowdown.com

i gotta say that this guy is awesome:
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

answering emails on saturday and sunday and really explaining to me what i need and why (not trying to oversell anything, in fact the opposite, what i dont need!)

i was not really edumacatified about CCF and MLV and CLD ... now i have a theoretical understanding ... of course i will post installation and results once i have a practical understanding.

but i just wanted to note what a great dood to work with and helping me on a custom solution just for the h3 ... no i am not being discounted at all for this review, nor does the guy know im posting it (unless he lurks here ... he goes by umm, rudeboy on other forums)

Old 07-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Default door panel and sub/amp panel removal

http://picasaweb.google.com/10817553...ubPanelRemoval

everything easier than i thought ... some pics to illustrate ... tomorrow its time to kill noise wooohooo

any q's lmk

Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Default speaker wiring ... question

howdy ... anyone know how to run new speaker wire on the front doors of h3? there are plastic snap-in wire harnesses that cover the entire hole

will post more pics of last few days work ... for now im stuck on getting this speaker wire run .. any help mucho appreciated

Old 08-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Default pics of hushmat on roof, pillar removal, running wire

roof is pretty easy to get to once door and back panels removed ... hushmat was not the same quality as the stuff i got from sounddeadenershowdown.com but there is room under the roof carpet for 3+ layers ... roof just pops down after removing the backseat roof handles (where people grab to climb in or out of backseat) ... pics of homemade speaker running/fishing wire and running across the top of the windshield from driver to passenger side

http://picasaweb.google.com/10817553...arsSpeakerwire

Old 03-07-2011, 08:51 PM

I'm very excited with the idea of changing the monsoon sub and amp with a JL Stealthbox for an H3 and a HD 900/5 amp from JL, later on I'll change all the speakers for focal K2 (Utopia Be are way to far for my wallet).
Unfortunately I have no time to do this amazing job, I really want to do it but I have no time and no experience so I'll get someone payed to do it.
Any tip this person should consider before doing the job?
I'll also get noise damping system in all 4 doors and the roof, if some material is left,I want to use it in the floor so no rain, traffic jam or vibration from the sub will disturb me

Old 03-07-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by mrb07h3
roof is pretty easy to get to once door and back panels removed ... hushmat was not the same quality as the stuff i got from sounddeadenershowdown.com but there is room under the roof carpet for 3+ layers ... roof just pops down after removing the backseat roof handles (where people grab to climb in or out of backseat) ... pics of homemade speaker running/fishing wire and running across the top of the windshield from driver to passenger side

http://picasaweb.google.com/10817553...arsSpeakerwire
What you think would be the best for the roof, as well as for the doors:
the material you can get at sounddeadenershowdown.com or the Dynamat: http://www.dynamat.com/

Old 04-04-2011, 12:24 AM

does anybody knows the speaker size for a 2010 H3 ALPHA?