PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 h3 transmission issue HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Default 06 h3 transmission issue HELP

Ok I lost D and 3rd so I brought my H3 in for a tranny overhaul. When I got it back I drove maybe 50 mi. and a "connector" broke on some line, spewing tranny fluid and leaving me stranded. After this fix, I again drove away and got on the highway ...used my cruise cont. and it only worked for 10 min. or so. I called and they said they.would pull the code since my ck. eng. light was now on. So, a week later my vehicle decides to throw up fluid in my driveway after a 3 hr drive home. Turns out it is because the tranny cooler in the radiator had burst. Thus mixing both trans fluid and coolant in the tranny and motor. Please tell me what is happening here! Of course open for any ? U have since I may not have explained everything in this short note...lol

Old 09-27-2012, 07:33 AM

The transmission cooler failure may have caused your transmission to fail initially. It happens from time to time as others have posted on the fourm. It doesn't take much mixing of the fluid and very little time to toast your transmission. Some have taken the radiator transmisson cooler out of the equation by capping it of and adding an external cooler. You should be able to do a search and seek out those who have done this modification.

Old 09-29-2012, 03:20 PM

I don't see how it would have caused me to lose D and 3 originally unless it was some type of blockage that triggered the sequence of events. Remember I drove it for a week and it was fine.. but I understand the rest.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 AM

Wear, transmission fluid mixing with coolant, problem with the power train control module..

Any of these things can cause an automatic transmission to not shift, drop gears, or simply not operate at all.