PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 h3 Engine light on!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Default 06 h3 Engine light on!!!

hey fellow h3 owners, i took my h3 to replace the spark plugs and did a oil change!!! but half way from the shop i got the check engine light on!!
i am going to take it back to the shop to get them to have a look but i need your guys advise....btw the last 8 # of my vin is 68287591 and the built date is 02/06 and i got 64000 miles...thank you for all your help!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:01 AM

The H3's seem pretty tempermental with the plugs. Many owners report problems with anything but OEM iridium plugs. Maybe double check what they put in adn have them changed to OEM if necessary.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 PM

they used after market ones....i am gona pick oem ones from the dealer ship and get them to put those on....but that should be it? right? i mean before changing the plugs she was running perfectly fine...it would be weird if all the sudden the valves or something goes bad rite?

Old 03-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Banned
Default dont panic

like he said, fussy plugs. odds are your old ones would be good!! i wouldnt reuse the oil,though!!

the dealer otta know better

Old 03-09-2011, 01:17 PM

its weird today the engine light is gone!!!! and she drives normal with the same after market plugs (feels lil bit low on torque but maybe cause i was driving my mdx for a couple days..thats y it probably feels different) so wat does that mean now? was it just the engine trying to adjust to the new plugs or wat? and i really appreciate all ur guys input

Old 03-09-2011, 03:10 PM

Get those aftermarket plugs out of there NOW. ASAP. Don't even think twice just do it. Your OEM ones are good for 100k miles.

The proper plug for your vehicle is AC-Delco part # 41-103

Unless you want to end up with possible serious issues, and a plug that looks like this, you need to go back to your OEM plugs. These trucks use an HEI ignition and aftermarket plugs just don't hold up like the OEM ones do.

edit: The picture is from another forum where a user there experienced your same issue with the engine light after changing plugs. It then left him stranded and ruined his vacation. The below plug cost him $300 said and done after the trouble it caused.

Attached Thumbnails 06 h3 Engine light on!!!-xmas-09-007.jpg  
Old 03-09-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by iqbal
its weird today the engine light is gone!!!! and she drives normal with the same after market plugs (feels lil bit low on torque but maybe cause i was driving my mdx for a couple days..thats y it probably feels different) so wat does that mean now? was it just the engine trying to adjust to the new plugs or wat? and i really appreciate all ur guys input
My 07 h3 hard a couple of codes pop right after I bought it, probably two months out.
My dealer changed the transfer case harness (I guess leading to the CPU) and I haven't had a single problem since. That's about four years now.
Hopefully your check engine light was just a quirk and all is well.
Trucks and cars allot of fun, no, sic?

Old 03-09-2011, 04:09 PM

damn it the stupid light is back on....and i also got the oem plugs will install tom and hopefully that fixes it....i am also gona get fuel injector cleaner and see if that helps at all...talked to gm they said the after market plugs r fine no big deal but ever since those plugs i am seeing the damn the light!!

Old 03-09-2011, 05:50 PM

If you don't mine put the oem plugs back in and don't do anything else til you either see the light again or know for sure its gone. process of elimination. That way we'll know its the plugs for sure.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

A CEL can mean basically nothing all the way up to a serious problem. You won't know until you put a scanner on it to pull any code. Most any auto parts chain can scan it for you. Then google it as GM code _________

So if you want an answer from the board, you have to provide that information, otherwise this thread is fairly useless.

Quick Reply: 06 h3 Engine light on!!!