PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 h2 fluid blow out on expressway

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Default 03 h2 fluid blow out on expressway

This past weekend we were headed on a 4 hour trip and about an hour into it I noticed smoke coming from under the truck and other people on the road were signaling me that there was an issue. I pulled over there was fluid covering the drivers side undercarriage. I wasn't sure if it was tranny fluid or oil because it was kind of brownish looking. I don't think it was oil because it was too new looking and I was about due for an oil change. I checked the oil level and tranny level on the side of the road and oil looked good but tranny level looked low. Also wanted to add that I was doing just over 90 mph which I never do but my wife and I were talking and I was just going with the flow of traffic and never even thought about my speed. I pulled into a gas station and topped off the tranny fluid and wiped down what I could and started back on the road. I kept an eye on the trans temp guage the rest of the and it stayed steady at 165 -170 area. we stopped2 more times on the way up and checked fluid level and everything looked fine and I haven't had the issue since. I also kept it under 80 the rest of the trip. Also after sitting over night there wasn't a drop of fluid under the car. Any ideas??

Old 05-14-2012, 02:42 PM

that's freaking scary, did you crawl underneath yet to see if where the fluid could be coming from? I wish I had an idea to help you out with this issue but it sounds baffling