PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's some of our feedback! PCMforless

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Default Here's some of our feedback! PCMforless

We understand that vendors come and go, peddling all sorts of things from A to Z. Products to do this, products to do that...some work, some don't. We are often the pioneers when it comes to new vehicles and tuning, doing our research and development, and then offering the best tunes that we can for the money spent. With having so much success tuning the I5 engine in the Colorado, we decided to give the H3's a shot as well. Some of you 'brave souls' have already given us a chance (and we thank you for letting us show you what we can do!) Some are still skeptical, having been burned before with plug in programmers, "chips" that do nothing, or perhaps a 'tune' that really isn't a tune at all, just a change in fan speeds.

Our offer still stands - $149 tuning and if you don't like it - we fix it until you DO, or we'll just buy it back! When you consider the price of 'our' modification versus others - you'll see you are getting quite a bit of bang for the buck. This isn't just a hp modification - this is a driveability makeover!! Help your H3 feel as aggressive as it looks.

Here is some feedback from our customers that post on this forum. A lot of the business that we do is over the phone, so here are just a few comments to start with:

ORIGINAL: jn1300r

I had mine did and love it.
ORIGINAL: lotus4s

I've had mine in for a couple of weeks now and overall am pleased. Noticeable difference in low end torque and upper end when you kick it into passing gear. It doesn't seem to labor as much as it used to when taking off from a standstill.

Haven't noticed much of an improvement in mpg, I'm still getting 12 in town and 14 on the highway driving 80-85. It was nice last weekend being able to hit 110mph on the interstate though, no more speed limiter and the truck was very stable. This was on the factory 33" Bridgestones, not my 35" mudders. It doesn't downshift as much trying to maintain higher speeds either.

So that's my SOP opinions and I think it's worth the $ for the improvements.

Jim Knowles

ORIGINAL: ChevyHighPerformance

I like the tune. I was impresed with my tune until I got Alvin's. Let me back up some. I think the ideal tranny control should be based on what is best for the person and needs more data to make that decision than throttle postion and vehicle speed. I feel that optimizing tranny shifting is one arena that has not been given as much attention by car manufacturers as they should. So, in my opinion, it is difficult to have the tranny fit every situation. I think if there is a table that satisifies everyone, Alvin's is closer than mine. My table is heavily biased toward highway driving when ironically most of my driving is city driving. I'm going to try to merge Alvin's and my tranny tables, if this is possible.

[quote]ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I don't think I have ever felt more intimidated (in a good way) in my life as I do right now reading this stuff Now I understand how the attorneys I work for feel when I'm fixing their computers!

Well, I'm going to relax tonight, but so far, here are my findings:

First and foremost, there is no low-end dragging stalling pickup like there was before. When shifting into first off a stop, even if you floored it, sometimes it would take a while to get going before you felt the acceleration kick in. Now, it's very quick right when you take your foot off the clutch. It doesnt start off slow then get faster as you go (as far as the speed the acceleration picks up). It now seems like there is more low-end torque before you hit mid-range on the tach then less low-end torque like before. This is a HUGE deal to me, because I always felt like the engine was being sufficated and didn't have enough gas or air to get going. Now, it's awsome.

There is also a noticable difference in high-end torque, specificall

Old 10-20-2006, 01:12 PM
Default RE: Here's some of our feedback!

Thank you Kelly and Alvin,

From what I've seen and heard from these guys..I sincerely believe you have a winner for us H3 owners.

I also can say on behalf of everyone thinking about doing this, is that you will not go wrong..With Kelly and Alvin's money back guaranty, how can you go wrong???..A tremendus offer here people and you all should look into it and take full advantage, to get all the performance your buggy can deliver with Alvin's tune...It is truely a NO risk deal!

Thanks Kelly and Alvin for this product of your's![sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 10-20-2006, 03:07 PM

How much this again?.....without the trade in.

Old 10-21-2006, 03:48 AM

Kelly,

I'm in. I'll contact you when I get back in town on Monday.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: The Riddler

Do you mean if you are just sending in the PCM? $149 + $12 shipping.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: kelly

Thanks, but how much if I keep my original PCM?

Old 10-23-2006, 10:04 PM

ORIGINAL: kelly

Thanks, but how much if I keep my original PCM?

You do keep your PCM. They are just reprogramming it and sending it back to you. If you want a loaner PCM so you can continue to drive your truck while yours is out then it's another $50 plus shipping.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:13 PM

I think he is asking for a price for if he keeps his and they send him a different one already programed.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

I think he is asking for a price for if he keeps his and they send him a different one already programed.

Thanks blackstangs, yes that's what I was trying to ask.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:30 PM

I know that when I got mine done..I was told a new PCM is around $360.00...Now add Kelly's quote on to that.

Quick Reply: Here's some of our feedback! PCMforless