PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The worst cars on the road:

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Banned
Default The worst cars on the road:

well here ya're

New cars you should steer clear of

- Drew Berner
Just when it seemed American carmakers were shrugging off their reputations for building mediocre vehicles and starting on the road to financial recovery, along comes some bad news courtesy of Forbes' list of the worst cars on the road.
According to the list, U.S. auto manufacturers still have a long way to go to catch up with their Japanese competitors - an opinion reflected in Ford's recent plummet in J.D. Power's rankings. Surprisingly, though, while American companies account for seven of the 10 worst vehicles, not a single Ford landed on the list.
Forbes analyzed data from six studies conducted by Consumer Reports, which detailed various aspects of performance, reliability and value. Despite Toyota's recall woes over the past year, it managed to pass scrutiny. In fact, the only Japanese vehicle to appear on the list is Nissan's mammoth Titan pickup truck.
Luxury cars, and particularly gas-guzzling trucks and SUVs, are at a natural disadvantage in these studies due to the high cost of ownership and less-than-admirable fuel economy. But these vehicles fared poorly in reliability, safety and value studies as well - to qualify for the list, a vehicle had to be among the worst in at least three of the six categories analyzed.
The worst cars on the road:

Cadillac Escalade
Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Dodge Nitro SLT
Chrysler Town & Country
Mercedes-Benz S550
Chevrolet Aveo
Chevrolet Colorado
Nissan Titan
Jeep Liberty
Smart FourTwo

Old 07-12-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
Luxury cars, and particularly gas-guzzling trucks and SUVs, are at a natural disadvantage in these studies due to the high cost of ownership and less-than-admirable fuel economy. But these vehicles fared poorly in reliability, safety and value studies as well - to qualify for the list, a vehicle had to be among the worst in at least three of the six categories analyzed.
What are these 6 catagories they analyzed?? Amoung the worst? that is a general term. Do they consider "amung the worst" to be the lower 1/3rd??

This is all BS Tom, and reposting this bias krap is what perpetuates and furthers this false information into the minds of others who can NOT think for themselves or do NOT have the full story.

If you read between the lines fuel economy is one of the major factors in this "study" done by Consumer Reports. Consumer Reports has not been a reliable source of any information for the past 10 years. Their bias has been shown over and over agian. JD Power is one of ony a few unbias automotive opinions there is out there right now.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Banned
Default ahh,,dont kill the messenger!!

others who can NOT think for themselves
those who cant think for themselves ,,get lined up for obama welfare and control i guess.
i simply took some news that i stumbled into and was not about spending a month checking out.
do you think this forum does not get a heavy load of krap that some guys simply make up to feel important. and as long as we have you to cross check every post ,,,who cares,,,you are always right and you say so. yes sir were lucky to have a know it all x pert to correct ,,,,everythign. btw watch ure speling,,i notice soem juxtaposde lettres ocassoinally in your pontifcations.

my cynsere opoligies to all those jeep guys who got hurt..

such bullkrap

Old 07-12-2011, 04:53 PM

I'm checking out auctions in the area and noticed that most abandoned vehicles... found on the road and left for dead... are Kia and Hyundia (?). I would drive one if it was new and given to me for free... otherwise NOT !

Old 07-12-2011, 05:41 PM

I'll gladly take a s550!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
do you think this forum does not get a heavy load of krap that some guys simply make up to feel important. and as long as we have you to cross check every post ,,,who cares,,,you are always right and you say so. yes sir were lucky to have a know it all x pert to correct ,,,,everythign. btw watch ure speling,,i notice soem juxtaposde lettres ocassoinally in your pontifcations.
I'm always right because I post ONLY about what I KNOW to be true through experience. That is why you don't see me post in the H2 and H1 sections very often.

HaaHaaaHeeeHee, you giving advice about spelling! Now that's RICH tom!

Caraddict: I'd take one also if it was given to me otherwise I couldn't afford it.

Last edited by TAINTER; 07-12-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 PM
JJJ

Escalade? Well built,Holds resale value, looks badass inside and out, very dependable vortec engine most power and tow in class(the same vortec in your H2). I would have to see these categories...probably how good the car is for environment, gas milage, price, blah,blah,blah. More than likely categories that if you are shelling out the cash for an escalade you can live with being ranked low.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:54 PM

I am surprised there are no Land Rovers or Range rovers on that list. I know at least 8 different people who own different models and they ALL have had them break down. Apparently they are unreliable, fall apart easily, and are expensive to fix. I can see how the Escalade made the list as opposed to the Chevy Tahoe. I disagree with the Titan, it is a pretty sturdy work truck and has a lot of power for an Import.