PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Loaner of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default My Loaner of the Month

Since it's been almost a monthly or so deal with the dealer trips, I thought I'd give my usual report on my loaner.

THIS month it's the Chevy HHR.

The suspension is CRAP! I'll get back to this one

I love the look. The interior is a bit odd. The window controls are under the ashtry on the console right where the center console meets the dashboard. Very wierd. It makes it a bit confusing when you need to roll down your window and you can't. The button aren't even lighted! There is a little mag-light like bulb in the roof above the rear-view mirror that shines onto the lower parts of that piece of the console where the window switches are. It gives you about a 1/4 cigareete lighter amount of light.

The cup holders are between the two front seats, but they are a bit wide, and really low on the floor. The tachometer is really unique, because it's a smaller analog guage that sticks out of the instrument cluster on top of the speedometer. It's a little hard to explain without a picture.

For us tall guys 6' and over, the steering column is extremely short. Even though you are almost sitting in a complete upright position as with the Scion xB, you have to literally come almost all the way up to the steering wheel to reach it with one arm. There is a foldable arm rest attached to both seats on the center's side, but none on the door side, and you can't really rest your arm on the door molding, so basically you have one arm on the arm rest and the other flopping around

Now, the suspension I think [:'(]sums it up. My God, can you get any more rough? Every little rock or crack you drive over makes you feel like you hit a wall. When you hit a bump in the road that spans the width of the road, the front end feels like it's goign to fall off, and that you drove directly up a curb going 40. It feels like the front suspension is 50% to 75% rougher then the rear, as the rear absorbs the same bumps as if you were gliding on air.This car only has 11K miles too.

It does however get around 30 MPG highway according to the intant MPG meter, and the needle barely moves. It's pretty quick, and the engine is VERY quiet, so that's a couple of good things.

Anyway, I love the look (since ya know, it's bright red like my H3 ) but the ride is rediculously rough, you have to have Gumby arms to drive it unless you like sitting 1 foot away from the windshield, and good luck making the windows go down in the dark!

Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My Loaner of the Month

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Any nerf bars, brush guard, etc. Can it take the three in a race on the pavement? Are you gonna stripe it for them?????

Old 11-07-2007, 02:56 PM

and you forgot one important adjective......UGLY

Old 11-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Ugly?, but american made. Better than what MuddyD got.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:05 PM

just my opinion but I thought that was the ugliest thing made when it came out...well...not quite as fugly as the scion lunchbox.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Honestly, it probably couldn't take MY H3 in a race, although it would be close

I like the way it looks damnit! I always have, but now that I drove it, it just feels like it's going to fall apart on a bump. Maybe my differential bushings on the loaner are broke

Old 11-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: importkiller

just my opinion but I thought that was the ugliest thing made when it came out...well...not quite as fugly as the scion lunchbox.
Hey smarta$$, I won trophies twice for my Scion xB at car shows, so don't knock it, rice burner Lancer Evo kid

If you would like, I can even dig up the pictures of it, but you guys wouldn't want to see those....... [>:]

Old 11-07-2007, 03:15 PM

JAJAJA WERD

Old 11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Ugly?, but american made. Better than what MuddyD got.
that ****ing kia.....

Old 11-07-2007, 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Hey smarta$$, I won trophies twice for my Scion xB at car shows, so don't knock it, rice burner Lancer Evo kid

If you would like, I can even dig up the pictures of it, but you guys wouldn't want to see those....... [>:]
you had a ricebox...LMAO..that does explain a lotSorry but they are the most hideous looking thing ever....IMO

Quick Reply: My Loaner of the Month