PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Spamming on HF

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Default More Spamming on HF

Has anyone noticed in threads words highlighted in green and is double underlined. Looks like spammers found another way.... Anyone watch adult swim at all?

Old 05-15-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by 2wheelmonster
Has anyone noticed in threads words highlighted in green and is double underlined. Looks like spammers found another way.... Anyone watch adult swim at all?

That's not spam, that's just advertising. The sad reality is that Hummerforums is not here because the creators love Hummers, it's here because its run by a larger company that runs many many many other forums just like it. Their sole reason for owning and operating Hummerforums is $.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

I have also noticed non sponsors running merchandise ads in the signature lines.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Draketh
That's not spam, that's just advertising. The sad reality is that Hummerforums is not here because the creators love Hummers, it's here because its run by a larger company that runs many many many other forums just like it. Their sole reason for owning and operating Hummerforums is $.
Unfortunately I agree...if it were not for a couple members here that really know their stuff I wouldn't read this one anymore eventhough it is one of the few Hobby sites i can get at work.

I run a website with alot more members and traffic than this one has, dealing with the Outdoors, and it is obvious the intent of this one is not the membership but where can we tuck another money maker. There is easy money to be made in running websites, but you got to take care of the membership base first and give them an enjoyable experience or else you got nothing but billboards and toll booths on a deserted highway. Just my .02...and I doubt the bookkeeper cares about it.

Last edited by H3inPA; 05-16-2011 at 11:59 AM.