PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COMPLETELY off-topic

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
Default COMPLETELY off-topic

Is it normal when you are buying your first home to think to yourself "OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO BE BROKE FOR THE NEXT 30 YEARS" the closer you get to your closing and after not having headaches for years suddenly having one every week? I'm just curious.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Default RE: COMPLETELY off-topic

Well I had a simular feeling when I signed for my hummer... I thought to myself that I was going to go broke for the next 5 years(length of the finance) and so far its been true... I'm broke as a joke over it but still loving every minute of it heh!

Old 09-05-2006, 01:55 PM

Tell you what Mike...I've built myself 4 of my last 5 homes..Once you get past the first few years of ownership, start thinking of your house a s a huge saving account (equity) then the sting of a monthly payment never hurts as much..plus you'll reap the benifits at tax time too (god bless the schedule A)..So it' is the BEST investment for your future you can ever make.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Well, my sister-in-law has her own tax office and my wife works as her office manager, so that is going to come in VERY handy with the home ownership, considering said sister-in-law also closed on her first home last week. Also, the whole investment equity situation is the only thing keeping me sane. I'm already going to have about 50k in equity the day I close. The same-model home we are getting built has been selling for 50k more then ours on the market and we have the model that is a little higher grade then those. I also have a friend who's one of two specialties of law practice is real-estate, so he's been telling me about the rewards of tax time and home owndership. We are actually thinking about taking some of that equity and investing it in building another home right away and making some money. It depends how the market will get. I'm watching it very closely. Interest rates have fallen for 6 weeks straight, so that is also going to help, but so has the new home building market. It's all a teeter-tawter as always and i'm ready for the next swing up. So, why am I so stressed?

Old 09-05-2006, 02:35 PM

Relax. Being in debt is the American way.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

That's funny you say that because I tell people that all the time, and when they ask me "Why did you buy a H3" I say "I'm contributing to the growth of the American economy"

Old 09-05-2006, 02:53 PM

LOL!!! I tell people that I'm trying to speed up the green house effect in order melt the polar ice caps so that we here in Pittsburgh can own beach front property.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:01 PM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 09-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

SugarDaddy: This one's for you: (I do say that alot don't I?)

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science...eut/index.html

Old 09-05-2006, 03:46 PM

Mike I am going through the same thing as we speak! Actually I just closed on my mortgage last Monday and just got the funds in my bank today, good luck to you...bieng an adult sucks

Quick Reply: COMPLETELY off-topic