Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Turbonetics H3 turbo kits (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/turbonetics-h3-turbo-kits-7016/)

beg4me 08-29-2007 07:03 PM

Turbonetics H3 turbo kits

Be fare warned that it is not as it says, it has taken months of my time to make it work right, turbonetics customer service is bad, I had to return the turbo and my car was down for 4 weeks, the kit is nice in its infantile state but needs a good engineer to fine tune and work out the bugs unfortunately turbonetics does not want to do that they rather work them out on there customers. I finally have the kit working with a lot of modifications and help. Defiantly not a plug in play item, I will say this that once it works its like bringing out a demon I the H3 most stock V8 can not touch me. There is however with any turbo or supercharger up grade a problem with the stab trac system it doesn’t like it so you will have a constant eng light and stab track failure alarm, does not affect performance but is irritating, and no one will tell you about this till after you spend the thousands of dollars it takes to get the kit working.

In close I have driven the 08 alpha v8 and i would keep the money for the kit as a down payment for the new H3 and save some long term head aches, i guess in close as far as turbonetics goes run run run fare away from them.

scrming 08-29-2007 07:15 PM

RE: Turbonetics H3 turbo kits

Sorry to hear about all your trouble getting the turbo to work right... I hate when company release products before they really should...

Newbie H3/I5 question... How much boost are you running? (intercooled?) What kind of boost can the stock I5 take?

Doc Olds 08-29-2007 09:07 PM

With the H3 compression ratio of 10:1, which was not designed for boost, if you have significant boost, you will definitely have valve and head issues with both the 06 and 07. When you build a turbo or supercharger motor, 8.5:1 or 9:1 tops is what you should be shooting for pre boost. Good luck on keeping that thing together:)

Interestingly I read in some very old posts that people were saying the H3 has "low" compression engine. I disagree, it is on the high end of middle of the road, anything 10.25:1 is widely considered high compression for a gas engine. Some old muscle cars ran it up to 12.5:1, but running them on pump gas is a treat.[:'(]

scrming 08-30-2007 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

With the H3 compression ratio of 10:1, which was not designed for boost, if you have significant boost, you will definitely have valve and head issues with both the 06 and 07. When you build a turbo or supercharger motor, 8.5:1 or 9:1 tops is what you should be shooting for pre boost. Good luck on keeping that thing together:)

Interestingly I read in some very old posts that people were saying the H3 has "low" compression engine. I disagree, it is on the high end of middle of the road, anything 10.25:1 is widely considered high compression for a gas engine. Some old muscle cars ran it up to 12.5:1, but running them on pump gas is a treat.[:'(]
wow.... 10:1 is definitely not low! I agree a bit on the high side for boost... my stang was 9.7:1 running 12 PSI on 93 octane... What are the internals like on the I5?

beg4me 09-05-2007 02:56 AM

I run from 5 to 7 psi of boost. I would not run more than 8 that would be max for this engine. At 7 pounds the I5 comes alive. Im able to keep up with and some times over take most stock V8 engines of the line. The spoil up on the turbo is quick which causes one of the problems with the stab track system. I'm currently however returning the turbo for the 2nd time for repairs for some reason the turbo its self keeps blowing oil seals.

airtruck 09-06-2007 12:19 AM

Code:

beg4me 09-06-2007 01:48 AM

Lets be honest now, what you are saying is that when you give it gas you dont get a stab trak failure alarm. Because I know three H3 with this kit in them and every one gets the alarm and it is constant and all the time. I would challange you to pull the down pipe off the intercooler to see the oil in it. also 2000 miles is nothing. Im on my secound wastegate down tube they all crack. something fun about your picks also, hmm looks like the ones found at turbonetics notice you are new member so i would question you lots. I'm new but like i said i have there friends with H3 that have this kit and we are all having nothing but problems and turbonetics is rude and not willing to work with you at all. Last time they relpaced my turbo it took them 3 weeks to repair and return it to me. I have been waiting over two weeks know to get the new dump tube from them.

scrming 09-06-2007 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: airtruck

I've had the kit for about 2000 miles without a problem.the only problem i did have was the wastegate pipe cracked,they replaced it in about 4 days.Dynoed at 252 at the rear wheels,no need for anything extra.sorry to hear you had so many problems.http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3.../hummer020.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3.../hummer019.jpg

Did you do a baseline dyno pull without the Turbo?

airtruck 09-07-2007 12:08 AM

Code:

beg4me 09-07-2007 12:26 AM

Wow, interesting to me is that the dump tube you are using in the pictureis not the onein turboneticskit, second you said the waste gate you know have you changed which means it is different then the kit? So you have had to modify it from the original is what you are saying? second you still didn’t answer the alarm question. Also it is interesting to me that you are talking dyno test, a H3 is AWD so that takes a special Dyno, not a lot of them out there. So in conclusion I still think that you work for turbonetics and are trying to pull a fast one on the nice people of this forum. Thirdly you only have put 2000 miles on toy H3 since July? I will put that on in a month, hmmm seems like a demo car to me watch out people.

Calling your bluff!!!!!!