New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Say Hello to the New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Default Say Hello to the New Guy

Greetings HF...just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I'm a long-time Hummer Enthusiast and finally a Hummer Owner as of last week. My vehicular dreams have come true!! So I'm rolling in a 2008 H3 SUV w/ Chrome Package and I'm loving it!! Will post a few pix soon. Looking forward to connecting with you all.

Chiz

Old 07-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF

Old 07-09-2014, 01:33 AM

Hello and Welcome to HF from MI.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Hello to the New Guy!

Old 07-09-2014, 08:52 PM

Hey there new guy and welcome I am an H-2 owner but wanted to pass down some thing i just figured out I have owned my H-2 for about 3 months and almost 3000 miles on it but the book recommends 87 octane gas but i noticed some lag in take off and so i tried a can of octane booster and oh my god what a difference it made I am deffinately using 93 octane even though it is a little more but so worth it and i highly recommend it to anyone that is having problems like rough idle or poor acceleration. I also had my fuel system professionaly cleaned intake, injectors and so on it only cost like 60 bucks but so worth it for any vehicle over 50,000 miles mine had 73,000 on it when i had it done and i was impressed with the difference it made. Ok i will shut up now but try it all guys you will be impressed with the results.
James Swayne from Pensacola Florida USN retired

Old 07-10-2014, 07:26 AM

Thanks all! Great advice JimmysH-2 I've been switching between 87 and 89 so far and haven't noticed anything yet but I'll keep a eye on it. I took my H3 back to the dealership yesterday to be serviced because my TPM light started coming on so they had to order some TPsensors (should be ready today) and my airbag light comes on, but they can't seem to diagnose that yet since it's not kicking any codes. Anybody have a issue with the airbag light?? I'll search the threads for it as well.

Chiz

Old 07-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HummerChiz
Thanks all! Great advice JimmysH-2 I've been switching between 87 and 89 so far and haven't noticed anything yet but I'll keep a eye on it. I took my H3 back to the dealership yesterday to be serviced because my TPM light started coming on so they had to order some TPsensors (should be ready today) and my airbag light comes on, but they can't seem to diagnose that yet since it's not kicking any codes. Anybody have a issue with the airbag light?? I'll search the threads for it as well.

Chiz
From the top.

Your H3 is set from the factory via its PCM program for 87 Octane. Using anything above that is a complete waste of $$ as you PCM CANNOT adapt to do anything with it. Simple fact, search it. If you get your PCM tuned (re-programmed) then, and only then, can you take advantage of a higher octane fuels.

TPMS: You have an 08, the TPMS batteries are designed to last 10 years (they don't always make it, but they should come close). You should also search this, there has been a trillion posts on that. What you need to do is inflate the four tires that have a sensor in them, which should be the four on the ground, to exactly 38PSI cold = no more problems. If somebody rotated in the spare, then look to see if the spare has the metal valve stem for the sensor in it. The system can only monitor 4 tires and it cannot display location. Dealerships are experts at ordering parts you don't need.

Your airbag light can be from the driver seat sensor (wiggle your butt around in the seat) and a couple other glitches, one of which is in the dash harness. Next time the airbag light pops up, hit the top of your dash with a fist just in front of the instrument cluster visor, I bet it will go off.

Last, all this stuff is technical question/answers and that belongs in the H3 section.