New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Owner Need Input

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 02:29 PM
Default New Owner Need Input

Well I broke down and purchased a mint 2004 H2. The previous owner was very straight up about all the items he has repaired and also all the common issues. He also gave me a New HVAC actuator , driver side heated seat controller. The passenger and driver heated seat switches light up go off soon as you hit the switch. He claims he thanks it’s the driver side switch but I feel he’s mistaken. Also the climate control **** on drivers side when I turn it up in temp it goes down and doesn’t seem to function properly. I also have control of the direction of the heat and air but as I have read one side blows cold and not uniform. I figure I need the door replaced but I’m confused on the HVAC module. Any input appreciated. And also the driver side door light flickers and goes solid intermittently and also the passenger side back door light. Possibly a bad ground ?

Old 10-30-2020, 03:34 PM

the heated seat issue is most likely one or both of the drivers seat two seat heaters are bad. they are stitched onto the leather. the climate control controls doing random temps while turning is most likely the climate control. the intermittent lights in the door can be a bad wire or contact between the door and body harness inside of the black rubber conduit. might also want to check the drivers side corner roof light for leaks which might have caused water to corrode things on that side like grounds and harness to the door.

Old 10-30-2020, 05:12 PM

"Mint 2004 H2"?

Old 10-30-2020, 05:56 PM

It’s mint as far as the condition it’s in I mean for a vehicle that’s 16 years old I’m impressed. It was garage kept it’s just the usual things that all hummers have issue with that I can see. It has never leaked he was very punctual about doing all the fixes and I pulled the carpet 0 rust are signs.
All the door gaskets have been replaced and all marker light gaskets replaced. 0 rust on frame it has 0 rattles. Considering I looked for one for 3 years and every one was basically ragged in my opinion this one really didn’t scare me. So if I give it more credit than it deserves than I apologize.

Old 10-30-2020, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by JrayHummer
It’s mint as far as the condition it’s in I mean for a vehicle that’s 16 years old I’m impressed. It was garage kept it’s just the usual things that all hummers have issue with that I can see. It has never leaked he was very punctual about doing all the fixes and I pulled the carpet 0 rust are signs.
All the door gaskets have been replaced and all marker light gaskets replaced. 0 rust on frame it has 0 rattles. Considering I looked for one for 3 years and every one was basically ragged in my opinion this one really didn’t scare me. So if I give it more credit than it deserves than I apologize.
Oh, it's in good condition. Btw, all leak, hence the new door & marker gaskets. Post some pictures.

Old 10-31-2020, 05:49 PM

I will get some up once I get it back I’m having the HVAC module and vent doors fixed as we speak. It has 103,000 miles. I think it would be a good idea to go through all the fluids and have them changed. Only issue I have is my jump seat will not release to remove. I got to figure that one out.

Old 10-31-2020, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by JrayHummer
Only issue I have is my jump seat will not release to remove. I got to figure that one out.

Old 10-31-2020, 06:25 PM

The latch want release lol I think something is broke in it. The one to lower the top down.