PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member with new ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:17 AM
J
Default New member with new ride

Hello all:

Just picked up a new H3 last week. So far, it's great! It needs an allignment, pulling to the right?... so it headed back to the dealer after I get 500 miles on it. I'm told they will not do an alighment until that time. Also, idel seems a littlerrough? Other than that, I plan to drive the crap out it!

Have been lingering around here a while to get some ideas before getting the H3. I see there are alot of great members and they very helpful with information on the H3 (mods, accessories, service, etc.).

Kept the H3 basic and added only black accessories(no chrome for me). Got rid of a Porsche Cheyenne for the H3.

Here's the details...

2007 Hummer H3, Boulder Grey with Ebony , Automatic Base, Sunroof, XM, Hitch, Black Brush Guard, Lower Grill Off-Road Lights, Black Tail Light Accents, Black Roof Crossbars, Black Tubular Side Steps.

Mods to date: Torsion bar adjustment – 2.5 turns on the on the passenger side, 2.75 on the Drivers side to level it out, de-badge GM stickers.

Mods coming next week: 33” BF Goodrich AT’s, window tint, Safari rack, All weather mats, hot wire the Garmin.

Will post some pics after I get the tires on (and figre out how to do post them).

Antone in the Buffalo, NY area, get me a shout...looking to hit some trails!

Be back with pics soon!

Old 06-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Default RE: New member with new ride

Congrats! The new ride sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it! Smart move on tightening the torsion bars this early on. Nowyou'll get a free alignment.

Lil D

Old 06-11-2007, 10:30 AM
J

Thanks. From everything I read here, the torsion bars adjustment is a must. I was really surprised how easy it was to do to. Hope the dealer service dept. does not notice though.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

WELCOME!

That's why your alignment is off. Was it off since you drove it off the lot, or just after you adjusted the bars? The higher it is, the more it's going to pull.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:58 AM
J

Thanks. The alignment was off the day I drove it home. Had to take the expressway home and imediately noticed it was pulling right. Called service the next day and they said they could not do anything until it had 500 miles on it. The story was that GM expects them to be off and the suspension has to settle in. That news to me! Anyway, since they have to do an alighnment, thought I was adjust the bars prior to bringing it in. Just hope they don't notice and give me a hard time about it.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

They'll probably notice but nobody on here has been givin a hard time about it yet unless the people at your dealer are jerks about it. They will probably blame that on the misalignment and hopefully don't accuse you of lieing about it (worst case scenario of course)

Old 06-11-2007, 12:41 PM

Your Truck sounds great, welcome to the club!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:58 PM

WELCOME!!!! Can't wait to see PICS!!!

Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Welcome to the forum..Can't wait to see pictures.Name:  5.gif
Views: 47
Size:  44.3 KB..Enjoy your new H3.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:25 PM

Hi! Welcome to the sites...Post some pics here!

Quick Reply: New member with new ride