PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New H3 owner...lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Default New H3 owner...lots of questions

Hi all...
I just picked up my 2010 H3 last week... I am looking at making some more modifications to it - but have a few questions... as I'm definitely NO car expert!

I have the factory Navigation...but want to try to make this DVD capable... I asked the dealer if they could do this - and they (along with several other requests) denied they could... I'm certain this is possible - just don't know what it takes...

Also - PLEASE tell me the mpg will increase and level out after 5K miles - I swear I'm getting 9 mpg..and can actually see the gas gauge going down...down...down. I purchased a K&N air filter - (heard they 'might' help some) - but jury is still out... Has anyone had success with this or the 'computer chip' - to help with fuel efficiency? I'm not wanting to dish out $300 unless I can ensure it saves me several miles per gallon more than I'm getting now.

I want to level my H3 - but I read this can affect the smoothness of the ride... how do you counter that?

Laymen's terms please! The simpler the better...

Old 05-16-2010, 03:29 PM

Welcome to the group. There may be better areas of the board to ask your individual questions. Have fun with it.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by texasgal
Hi all...
I just picked up my 2010 H3 last week... I am looking at making some more modifications to it - but have a few questions... as I'm definitely NO car expert!

I have the factory Navigation...but want to try to make this DVD capable... I asked the dealer if they could do this - and they (along with several other requests) denied they could... I'm certain this is possible - just don't know what it takes...

Also - PLEASE tell me the mpg will increase and level out after 5K miles - I swear I'm getting 9 mpg..and can actually see the gas gauge going down...down...down. I purchased a K&N air filter - (heard they 'might' help some) - but jury is still out... Has anyone had success with this or the 'computer chip' - to help with fuel efficiency? I'm not wanting to dish out $300 unless I can ensure it saves me several miles per gallon more than I'm getting now.

I want to level my H3 - but I read this can affect the smoothness of the ride... how do you counter that?

Laymen's terms please! The simpler the better...
Normally this would go in the H3 section. Do you have the 3.7 I5 or the Alpha? I didn't notive mileage getting better after 5000 miles. In the H3 Alpha I get around 15.5 mpg. The i% should do much better. PCM4less or the Superchip have both gotten good reviews. If you don't crank the front end up too much it shouldn't effect the ride quality. I have my front end at 23.25" running 35" tires. The ride is very nice, hardly different from stock.

Welcome to Hummer and the forum.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:12 PM

Thanks 3Hummer...I had reposted my post in the H3 section after I noticed my error... couldn't find a 'way' to delete this post...

I have the 3.7L - and have been driving it like my grandmother to try to see what's the best mpg I can get before I lift it and change out the tires... I'm only lifting the front end some and not going that much bigger in tire...so hoping it won't be too noticeable a change on fuel efficiency...

Old 05-17-2010, 06:05 PM

Im looking for the rear two red marker lights for the H2....If anyone can help, please lease email: brucear@gmail.com , thanks