PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Addition To Our Family

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:25 AM
Default New Addition To Our Family

I have been researching and comparing vehicles for months now. I immediately fell in love with the Hummer H3. But we didn't want to make a hasty decision we would later regret. So using an Excel spreadsheet I set about comparing apples to grapefruit to blackberries. Various pickup trucks, full size SUVs and small SUVs.

I'm in a long term relationship with a wonderful man. We also love to ride Harleys. This summer we have a couple of Harley trips scheduled. But in order to make the trips and not burn up too much vacation time, they will be working trips. Such as with Sturgis we will be leaving on Friday evening. Monday and Tuesday are business days then we will head to Sturgis. Thus we needed something that could tow the Harleys. It was amazing to me how some "SUV's" have a max of 1000 lbs towing capacity. Or in the case of the Ford Hybrid it had a ZERO towing capacity.

The first test drive with the Hummer H3 had me hook line and sinker. It was nothing like the HMMWV that I use to drive when in the Marine Corps. The ride was so smooth. It was almost effortless to drive. Then when comparing other vehicles it just made me appreciate the H3 all the more. The H3 feels more like a luxury vehicle than many of the much more expensive vehicles I test drove. Our main concern was the towing capacity. Haven't heard many others discuss towing anything. Had looked at a few forums but finally decided we would have to rent one to find out for ourselves. As luck would happen when we went to look for trailers last week we found an H3 owner testing how well his H3 would tow a 22' trailer. He gave it a glowing review once back to the trailer sales place.

We were fortunate in that we found someone who could give us a GMID number. We got the number this past week. He got up this morning ready to go to Sewell Hummer in Dallas. He had found an H3 with all the options wanted and needed. Took a shower, washed my hair and got dressed as quick as I could. Not a lick of make-up on and hair still wet it was off to the dealership we went. Not only did we get the H3 for LESS than invoice ... we also got the roof rack rails at dealer cost, a Hummer Hawaiian style shirt at dealer cost and a model H3 in red at dealer cost. While he was signing the papers I was grinnin ear to ear like a cheshire cat and bouncing off the walls. Before long they had the roof rack rails installed, the car washed and detailed and filled with a tank of gas.

I've been to a lot of dealerships over the past year. First was test driving, looking for and purchasing my new car. Then doing the same foot work for what is now our H3 purchase. I've dealt with pushy salesmen, sales persons that wouldn't give me the time of day if they weren't the internet sales person I was there to see, and people that would get ticked off when I left the lot without making a purchase. The atmosphere at Sewell Hummer over in Dallas was by far the best I've had ... ever.

We got a Victory Red H3 with Luxury Package, Chrome and Nav system. I sure am looking forward to tomorrow so I can take her out and drive her some more. I'm thinking since she's Victory Red that we can call her "Vickee" since my car is "Dixee."

angel

[IMG]local://upfiles/579/1A631DEE7D5A445ABFF0DA9C18FBC9EF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/579/BDA2EB41858F406EBBFCEBD336FAD150.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/579/49096CE7661445BEB5D6B174678F855A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Default RE: New Addition To Our Family

Angel Welcome to the Forum nice looking H3 you pick a good name for her.

Dennis i got this one you had the last three

Old 04-30-2006, 09:02 PM

Good job on the buy, it's a sharp looking truck.

Semper Fidelis! There are a couple other Jar Heads here too.

Old 04-30-2006, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

Angel Welcome to the Forum nice looking H3 you pick a good name for her.

Dennis i got this one you had the last three
[sm=hail.gif] No problem Mark (ROTFLMAO)..But I did want to congratulate her...Good show Angel![sm=smiley31.gif]

Old 05-01-2006, 12:01 AM

Thanks Dilo and Dennis. We're rather proud of her. So ya'll take turns with the welcome committee around here?

Thanks Linus and Semper Fi!

angel

Old 05-01-2006, 10:22 AM

Welcome angelH3! Great looking truck. I like the red. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying mine. Sounds like you are. But why wouldn't you, it's a Hummer.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: angelH3

Thanks Dilo and Dennis. We're rather proud of her. So ya'll take turns with the welcome committee around here?

Thanks Linus and Semper Fi!

angel

No we both do but when it come to women Dennis is the ladies man so that why i said that.
We joke around here a lot not to offend anyone.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:29 AM

Thanks retnuh. I've been trying to get familiar with the H3, the satellite stereo and navigation unit. I may never take the unexpected and unwanted scenic route again.

I didn't take any offense Dilo. Ya'll might be the jokers of the bunch and maybe I shouldn't have tried my bit of sm@r#@$$ humor so soon.

angel