New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello! New H2 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 12:07 PM
Default Hello! New H2 Owner

Hello!

So I waited a few years and finally took the plunge. I purchased a 08 H2 a few weeks ago. The truck is in pretty good shape overall but two main concerns; the transfer case was leaking and the a/c was not working.

I took to my mechanic and the transfer cae is broken. Had to order a new one. 12-14 build days. Still waiting on the damage for the a/c.

I was very premature and ordered quite a bit of accessories (interior led lights, led bulbs, new headlights, fogs etc) just waiting to be done.

Any advice or suggestions are welcomed!

Anyone ever did the tuning chip through obd? Is it better than having the engine tuned?

Old 05-11-2022, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF and Congrats.

H2 Tech questions go in the H2 section, post them there.

Old 05-13-2022, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by NewtoH2
Hello!

So I waited a few years and finally took the plunge. I purchased a 08 H2 a few weeks ago. The truck is in pretty good shape overall but two main concerns; the transfer case was leaking and the a/c was not working.

I took to my mechanic and the transfer cae is broken. Had to order a new one. 12-14 build days. Still waiting on the damage for the a/c.

I was very premature and ordered quite a bit of accessories (interior led lights, led bulbs, new headlights, fogs etc) just waiting to be done.

Any advice or suggestions are welcomed!

Anyone ever did the tuning chip through obd? Is it better than having the engine tuned?
Congrats on the new H2! What color is it? And do you have any pictures?

Also I know from experience that these canned tunes you can buy and program yourself don't work well or not at all on the 08s. If you're really interested in getting it tuned, take it to a tuner that will custom make one for you. Tuning the h2 doesn't really make that much difference. The thing is just too damn heavy and is never going to win any races. If you really have the need for more power for drivability sake and you have the cash, there is a magnuson supercharger kit available that I and others on this form have had success with. Still not winning any races, but definitely improves drivability.

Old 05-13-2022, 06:21 PM

Welcome...

Enjoy!